Viper SRT convertibles to end in 06!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard rumour at VOI that...
Viper to become coupe only for 08 and beyond! Last year for convertibles will be 2006! If you want a new convertible you better get it now!

Sam 01 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you. ;) The Viper started out as a roadster, I can't imagine it going away.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont know much, but I doubt that will happen. Doesnt make sense, as others stated, it started out as a roadster. Plus it adds options as buyers have a choice. Unlike the Z06 which is coupe only.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only way they won't make a Vert is if they discontinue the viper altogether.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What if they design the top to look like the coupe, but still have a removable section. IF they design it right, it will save weight, and save a lot of development costs. No folding toupee please.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was talking to a "reliable source" who is directly involved with the Viper design and he said convertibles will be discontinued as well as the 2 door bodystyle. All 08'-newer Vipers will be 4 doors! I also heard this mentioned on CNN last night :hitfan: :D

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eh Chad?? The four [doors] I recall are the passenger, driver, trunk, and hood. Anymore than that is just flat wrong...OK maybe the vert door.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eh Chad?? The four [doors] I recall are the passenger, driver, trunk, and hood. Anymore than that is just flat wrong...OK maybe the vert door.

I was j/k. We'll all be dead and gone before its a 4 door Viper! Seeing a 4 door Viper may actually send us to an early grave :p

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If that were true the value of the verts would go through the roof. IMO

When driving the SRT/10, if you ever should came across a factory built car that performs better than this Viper, you can bet your life it won't a convertible.

4030DSC02715-med.JPG

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see only a limited amount of Convertables produced early on in the production run.

The current demand is higher for Coupes, and there are come existing inventories of Convertables to be worked through. After they get caught up on the Coupes, then they will feed in more Verts.

When the demand is satisfied for these, maybe some Firepowers! might fill up the assembly line, and then expect the release of a ACR with significant enhancements in handling, power and price.

Then we start all over with rumors of the Gen IV in about 2010. Dry sump, Traction control, Dual Clutches, carbon fiber, alloy chassis, and more cup holders.

I believe the future of our Viper is bright.

:usa: :2tu: :usa:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see only a limited amount of Convertables produced early on in the production run.

The current demand is higher for Coupes, and there are come existing inventories of Convertables to be worked through. After they get caught up on the Coupes, then they will feed in more Verts.

When the demand is satisfied for these, maybe some Firepowers! might fill up the assembly line, and then expect the release of a ACR with significant enhancements in handling, power and price.

Then we start all over with rumors of the Gen IV in about 2010. Dry sump, Traction control, Dual Clutches, carbon fiber, alloy chassis, and more cup holders.

I just read where Washington want to make traction control manditory on all vehicles by 2012.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would still like to see the sports bar return to the SRT-10, either permanently or as a model option along with the full convertable.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wouldn't that be a great rumor to float if you happened to have a large inventory of convertibles that weren't moving. I certainly hope they keep building both.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With cars like the Z06 and Ford GT hardtop only, it's always been an advantage that the Viper has been available in ******* form continuously since day one. Many of us want the open-air experience in a high performance car, and the Viper fits that bill perfectly. :laugh:

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With cars like the Z06 and Ford GT hardtop only, it's always been an advantage that the Viper has been available in ******* form continuously since day one. Many of us want the open-air experience in a high performance car, and the Viper fits that bill perfectly. :laugh:

You can get a GT converted to a ******* car, but it would cost you quite a bit.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just read where Washington want to make traction control manditory on all vehicles by 2012.

nazis :buttkick:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can get a GT converted to a ******* car, but it would cost you quite a bit.

Conversions for the GTX-1 start at $38k

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave