Viper Wreck on 78 in NJ 6/15/08

RedLiner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know who this is?? Was this a NJ member?? My sympathies go out to the family and friends. I read the comments below the article and its amazing how heartless people can be. Girlfriend stated it felt like the wheel fell off. Curious to know if this was an '08 model?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's sad and I hope the driver is going to be OK. If they survived several rollovers it had to be a coupe. I can't imagine anyone walking away from several rollovers in a vert.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know who this is?? Was this a NJ member?? My sympathies go out to the family and friends. I read the comments below the article and its amazing how heartless people can be. Girlfriend stated it felt like the wheel fell off. Curious to know if this was an '08 model?

people do not think about what they are posting....they are anonymous, so they are unaccountable and can say mean things with little or no recourse. I feel bad for everyone involved.

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My condolences to the family, and I hope this wasn't one of our members.

To answer your question Redliner: They did not build a Silver SRT 10 in '08.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have heard of wheels cracking. Wonder what year this car was and wonder what kind of wheels was on the car. Come on, only 5 to 10 MPH over the speed limit. Something let loose. Bummer

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe how people are jumping to conclusions about this just because it was a Viper. I was hit by a semi on 95 in Richmond about a year ago in my Mercedes coupe - backed up traffic for 6 miles. I'm sure people saw what was left of my little red coupe and figured I was speeding or doing something stupid, when I was the one that was hit by a reckless driver!!!

People need to learn all the FACTS before they start posting about how "stupid" someone was acting.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is so sad, my thought's and prayers go out to the family.

What a bunch of morons commenting below. Just because it was a Viper everybody assumes he was driving like an idiot or speeding. :nono: He could have been in any car and the same thing would have happened if the wheel fell off.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They (newspapers, TV, ...) wrote/told the same covering my accident (doing 50-55 mph) 4 years ago.

"HE was speeding/racing in his race car"............................BS!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would really like to know the circumstances of this accident.
Amazing... the passenger walks away and driver killed :omg:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would really like to know the circumstances of this accident.
Amazing... the passenger walks away and driver killed :omg:

2nd that.. And since he was driving a Viper. You know the conclusion MOST will draw. There were several witnesses that said "everything was normal" right before the loss of control.. So, maybe a failure of some type? tire blowout,etc,etc?? Looks to me like a 2003-2005 silver SRT vert., with black wheels of some type.

AWFUL news.. My heart goes out to the families involved.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R