Vipers and Dating.... !!! :)

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK... Here's a question for all you guys (which is probably 99% of the VCA board cruisers/posters LOL)...

At what point do you take a girl you are dating out in the Viper, or let her on to the fact that you have this awesome machine? I am 23 and single, but of course I know that this won't be the case forever

I know it depends on your motive, if a guy is just looking to impress a girl and take her out once and move on, then shoot why not use the Viper... but if you like her and want to continue seeing her, I think it may be too much to roll out the Viper on any of the first few dates.

What do you guys think?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive mine virtually every day, and am not going to hide it, but if there's snow drifts out, I'll be in the truck instead. Don't change your m.o., life's too short to worry about that.

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can be dangerous, I usually don't let a girl know about the Viper until I have gone out with her a few times and get a good feel for what she is about. In my experience if you let a girl know right off the bat, she is going to get her miners hat and go gold digging. If you are after the one nighter, give her a big song and dance about how you would love to take her to Italy, take her for a ride in the Viper and get the job done and get the hell out and don't call her back. If you really like the girl I would bring it up on the 6th or 7th date if you are sure she is not after guys with money. Just my personal experience.

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacob,
As my little Italian Grandma used to say when I was a young guy..."Timmy, you sticka with your firsta ideas...they are usually a righta"....and Grandma was!!!!
I agree with you on both of your comments.
If its a quick impression date...roll it out!
If you think she is someone you want a long term realtionship with...hold-off at first, let her get to know you first for what you are and not what you own!
Works the other way around to Lady Vipers!!!
Happy Holidays All!!!!!

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacob, I hear ya. I'm 23, too, and have had my '00 Corvette for 3 years now. What everyone here has said is basically right on the money.

I generally hide the wallet. I'll bring my 137,000 miles 94 Dodge Ram on the first date. If they can get past that and you eventually feel them out...? THEN spring the car and everything else on them.

Another way to think about it is if you take them out for a big steak dinner on the first date, they will always want steak. But if you low-ball it at a local restaurant, she will always think the steak is a treat. I don't know, the saying went something like that. My name IS Brett, after all. And if any of you have seen Mel Gibson in Maverick you'll know that we never quote our dads' sayings correctly. LOL

One other thing from personal experience... I went on one date where I showed up in the Corvette and all night that was all the girl could talk about. She wanted me to go here and there and essentially show her off to her friends in the nice car. I obviously had a different reading on her the first few times we met than how she acted that night. She also was not careful w/ the door and her fingernails left marks under the door handle on the outside. That part of the date was NOT cool.

Bad brunette, no phone call!

My current gf could actually care less what I drive. I've been going out with her a long time now and she's great, but I get the vibe that she's not overly motivated to work and wants to be a stay-at-home mom. To me, that's fine if the girl has goals and motivations but sets them aside for a time to handle the young family. But I don't get that from her, more like staying at home IS the goal. Going to have to re-evaluate things after the new year.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, the naivety of youth. I wish I could date 18 year-olds again. You guys can’t tell a Gold Digger from a good ol’ Midwestern corn fed woman? If she thinks you’re rich because you own a Viper then she aint aiming very high. And if she gets excited over a Vette it’s only to make you feel good…or she still wears a training bra.

Now if you had TWO Vipers…

BTW Brett, if your current squeeze couldn’t care less about what you drive then get rid of her. You’re obviously a car guy and she’s not into it. Bad mix, dump her…unless she has really large ******.

GTSTF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
o.k., so when is it safe for me to drive the car to work? i've had mine for a little over a year now and i have yet to bring it here for fear that my employees will string me up. that or they'll all ask for a raise.

AZVIPERS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Chuck. At the prices the Vipers are going for now days too many people have them and can afford them.Maybe if you are in a '03 the ladies may think you have cash...

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most girls don't know what a Viper or $70k BMW is.

Most have been bred to respond to Corvettes. ...and is probably why Corvette does so much better than Viper.

You could have some fun surprising her with the Viper.

I always thought a good one would be to get your Viper to a car cruise, then meet her there, go walking around, find the Viper, oogle it, then say, "You know, I don't think the owner is around... I'm going to sit in it!"

As she is freaking out, say, "Look! The Keys! Whadaya say? GET IN!" As you fire it up!

I couldn't do this because I would give it away.

Tom

PS. If you really want to NOT impress her, lay low for a month of dating and then talk about your car hobby and offer to show her your car(s) nonchalantly. Be humble and the way you want her to see you.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom has it right.

Chuck - yes, she does! As non-car people go, she's pretty accepting of it but she DOES become a drag at shows or long cruise nights. Now I tend to leave her home. Gives me more time to hang out with friends and get into mischief.

She got on my nerves once though. Early on we had gone up to the Berlin Turnpike for dinner and then I made an obligatory 3 laps around the cruise scene. Coming from a Volvo background, she was touchy about how I was driving the Vette. Here I am, purposefully obeying all the traffic laws and driving like a grandma in the midst of a maelstrom of Mustangs and imports flying everywhere and she continued to complain for about 20 minutes. I finally decided to shut her up when a big break in traffic came. I left a lot and put the car into a high angle powerslide and then shifted hard into 2nd before going back to driving normally. She was scared stiff by that. Funny, I haven't heard any complaints since then.

She's actually really good, but on a scale of 1 through 10 of how likely a girl is as a marriage candidate for me - she's a high 6 or a low 7. Always teetering on "ok" and "no way." In a perfect world, I'd find someone just as sweet but with a lot more personal ambition. I want a girl who can afford her OWN sports car so we can go cruising together.
driving.gif
Think I'm getting too picky?
laugh.gif

Edit - on the other hand, I don't know if I would want to split my expenses between TWO peoples' car hobbies and tastes!

SnakeBolt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>…unless she has really large ******.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i only hope i get to date a woman with one huge ******

ahh, chuck gets all the fun

smile.gif

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jpa99acr:
At what point do you take a girl you are dating out in the Viper, or let her on to the fact that you have this awesome machine?

What do you guys think?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess this depends on when you want the ******* to drop...but if you wanna build up the suspense, I guess you could take her out a couple of times in your daily driver...but why wait???

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brett, bolt! You’re only 23? Get out while you can. Does she have a propensity for density? If not it will be difficult to leave the large breasts, but put some salt peter in your food for a week then give her the "it’s not you, it’s me" routine.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JF58854777:
If you are after the one nighter, give her a big song and dance about how you would love to take her to Italy, take her for a ride in the Viper and get the job done and get the hell out and don't call her back.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." Keep an eye on your Viper if you take this route.
laugh.gif

anunakki

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a funny one.. though not exactly ON topic...

my girlfriend is an :ahem: stripper and the other night some guy was trying to get her to go on a date with him. Finally after an hour or so he took out his trump card...and I quote " Alright... hows about if I let you ride in my Mustang GT"... my GF started laughing and said " Oh wow... I'll get the pom poms out of my VIPER and we'll get going!" at which point she took out a pic of the car and told him it was hers... needless to say he crawled back into the shadows and she hasnt seen him again.

just sharing
cool.gif
cool.gif

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JF58854777:
I can be dangerous, I usually don't let a girl know about the Viper until I have gone out with her a few times and get a good feel for what she is about. In my experience if you let a girl know right off the bat, she is going to get her miners hat and go gold digging. If you are after the one nighter, give her a big song and dance about how you would love to take her to Italy, take her for a ride in the Viper and get the job done and get the hell out and don't call her back. If you really like the girl I would bring it up on the 6th or 7th date if you are sure she is not after guys with money. Just my personal experience.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yesnod.gif

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>i only hope i get to date a woman with one huge ******

ahh, chuck gets all the fun
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! I was waiting for that reply to come, but I still laughed when I read it.
supergrin.gif

-Dean.

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I'd be too interested in a women who was 'impressed' because I have a Viper (at least for more then a few hours). Hopefully, owning a Viper isn't my crowning accomplishment in life, and I certainly wouldn't expect owning a Viper to attract women.

More realistically, I'd try to find someone who was just as able to earn an income as I am, and who would at least understand my passion for fast and expensive cars.

I wouldn't make a big deal out of the Viper one way or the other, except to illustrate that I *do* spend money on cars, and will continue to do so.

Jim

Vanquish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

As per my girlfriend:
It is nonsense that so much emphasis is put on a Viper and you expect it to change your life. You should look inside yourself and evaluate what you have to offer besides the Viper.

Thank You, Thank you very much....
Regards,
BR

SnakeBolt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
firewater999,

i am only 19 and WILL have a viper in February. Opportunities are availible, and they are not that out of reach. I've already had four cars since 16 and at 18 I got my 00 Lightning. You just gotta know where to look....

Bill

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell, it's a tool of the trade, use it. I have "benefited" before from this and will continue to do so until the right one comes along. Unfortunately most women can ID a Vette since they have seen many more around. The bad part is that if you try to hide your Viper, sooner or later someone will spill the beans. But you got the right idea...go with your feelings. You're young, use it while you can.

S

SUN RA KAT

I sure wish I had my Viper when I was young and single and liked to mingle. (Pre late 1980.)

Just be your natural self with the ladies. And remember what one of my girlfriends told me back in the thrilling days of yesteryear - "Don't date anyone that you wouldn't considering marrying, because you just might."

picflight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 97Cobra92Coupe:
But until you are ready to settle down work the Viper for all you can on the waitresses & hostesses of the world

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and the gold diggers and the super models....

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 97Cobra92Coupe:
Seriously though, I would not hide your ride. It is pretty easy to spot a *****, and the easiest thing to do is not take any chick seriously that doesn't have a solid career and makes and equivalent amount of cash. But until you are ready to settle down work the Viper for all you can on the waitresses & hostesses of the world

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finally, someone else got it right (me being the other one
wink.gif
). If you can't spot the golddigger, you're blind. If they are one, they are, but if they're not, then they're not, and the car isn't going to change that either way. Be yourself, drive the car when you normally would, and don't think of it as a central focus point, just something that is. Their responses will give themselves away.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously though, I would not hide your ride. It is pretty easy to spot a *****, and the easiest thing to do is not take any chick seriously that doesn't have a solid career and makes and equivalent amount of cash. But until you are ready to settle down work the Viper for all you can on the waitresses & hostesses of the world.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slaughterj:
Finally, someone else got it right (me being the other one
wink.gif
). If you can't spot the golddigger, you're blind. If they are one, they are, but if they're not, then they're not, and the car isn't going to change that either way. Be yourself, drive the car when you normally would, and don't think of it as a central focus point, just something that is. Their responses will give themselves away.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bravo, fellas, we're really NOT all that complicated....

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boys, boys, boys. Remember the story...the young "bull" said let"s run down there and get one of those "cows"....The old bull said naw....let's walk down there and get them all. Speed kills.

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be young again and have those kinds of problems....seriously, I wouldn't hide it, we're all smart enough to see what people are really like (if we want to).
Some of the guys replying haven't been meeting the right class of women. I must confess that it was my wife's encouragement that helped me decide to get a Viper and I am sure glad I met her, otherwise I might be not driving one today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave