Vipers Invited to Castle Rock

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got word that there will be a Viper class at the 2009 Saleen Nationals car show in Castle Rock on Saturday, August 1st, 2009. This is due to the fact Saleen painted the Vipers for a brief period.

The car show is really from about 11:00 am to 3:00 pm or there abouts. We are planning on having about 125 Saleens, and have commitments from 3 S7 owners, about 7 Ford GT owners and a slew of Boss', Mach 1s, Shelbys, and other Fords, etc. We have room for about 300 cars this go around and look to be very close to that in the end.

Aside from that the Saleen Race rig (now owned by a privateer) will be coming out from California and bringing the two Saleen GT-2 cars that raced in Lemans in 97/98. The two very cars that marked Ford's return to lemans in over 40 years. It will be the first time in over a decade that these rare and historic cars will be shown to the public. Steve Saleen and his wife Liz are also very close to clearing their schedule to attend as well.

Aside from the national show coverage the show will bring, there are 5 Mustang oriented magazines coming out to cover the event.

It will be a great time and fill a sorely missed spot for an August 1st weekend event that is close to the Front Range cities.

The website has the details and you can register online. I highly encourage all those in the area to pre-register and come out. We are really pushing this hard and the first show is allways the hardest to plan because of the unknowns. I would ask all to help as best they car and bring their car out:

2009 Saleen NATIONALS

BTW Even though Vipers were only painted by Saleen in 2008, we have opened it up to all Vipers. Hey we are car guys too and to get excitement, the more the merrier. As the Saleen is featured for the show, I think you will all find the history very interesting on these cars. As currently we have owners coming from all over the US and Canada. It is definitely going to be a great time and the price is right.

Sorry no racing as the Saleen Club of America (SCOA) is fairly new and just don't have the funds built up yet for the liability insurance. In the future, it will be a must. We pushed hard to include the Viper in this show with it's own category. Hopefully we can get a few out. If we could get 5-10 Vipers or other cars you have, we would be more than satisfied. Hey 3 S7s ought to be enough to get everyone up and out of bed on that alone.

Thanks
Rick

Last edited:

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pre-registered with the GT!

Will do the 08 Viper, too, if I can find a driver.

See you at the end of the month.

Joe

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome Joe. It is going to be a great show.

As well, I was just talking with some of the guys from MJ and looks like the next stop after the Palm Springs unveiling will be here in Colorado so the all new 2010 Saleen Mustang will be shown by Saleen here at the show in Colorado. They are going to bring out three cars I have been told. I am going to see if Channel 9 News will do a broadcast from the show the morning of or night before.

Picking up traction now as 25 cars pre-registered the last two days alone. Not sure where that brings the count to now but it is going to be a great show.

Come on, where are the rest of you guys and gals? Lawrence, it is practically in your back yard as I am assuming you are still here in Colorado!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456