Vipers @ the Biltmore! Great time!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers at the Biltmore this past weekend was a great success! Special thanks to Don, Brian, and Mike for all your efforts on making this event happen, to the Viper Club of Ontario for bringing your members down and making this an international event, and thanks to all those who attended and made this event so fun!

We had over 35 Vipers in total, and over 20 actually made it to the 7am photo shoot! (See pic below) The event started with everyone arriving and getting to park along the wall at the far end of the field from the Biltmore (apparently some Porsche club was there and couldn't do it because we already claimed it!). Everyone had an opportunity to check out the cars, and tour the home and surroundings. From there, we had a nice buffet lunch at the Deerpark Restaurant on the estate, and then about half the Vipers took a scenic cruise out to Lake Lure. That evening, we had another buffet for dinner offsite and many joined in for an evening social at the Inn at the Biltmore. The second day started out with the 7am photo shoot, with the group shot as well as individual cars close up at the Biltmore. That was followed by a buffet breakfast at the Inn at the Biltmore, another nice scenic cruise on the Blue Ridge Parkway and into Cherokee, NC, followed by a final lunch. Overall, it was a great, well-attended event!

We anticipate having the professional photos available soon, and will provide details once they are available. Also, we expect some great exposure of this international Viper event in the next Viper Magazine!

Biltmore09.JPG

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you said you took some pics in front of the Biltmore? That pic is in front of your new house isn't it?:D
Sounds like a well planned event. Great job! Sorry, Lisa and I couldn't make that one. Maybe see you guys in the fall?

magnumman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks again to all who helped to put this awesome event together and it wouldn't have been much of an event if we wouldn't of had the participants. Thanks again to all who came out, shared their cars with us, partaked in all the eating, the cruising & socializing. Kudos to everyone! Special thanks to Nabil and his group from Ontario who came down and joined us. It was great to meet you guys and hope we can hook with you guys again in the future.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought you said you took some pics in front of the Biltmore? That pic is in front of your new house isn't it?:D
Sounds like a well planned event. Great job! Sorry, Lisa and I couldn't make that one. Maybe see you guys in the fall?

I didn't want to brag, but those cars are from my garage at my new house there! :D

Too bad you guys couldn't make it, we had several come out from Tennessee. Not sure about the fall yet, we'll see.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for organizing this. We had a great time and it was good to meet a lot of folks for the first time. Our cruise back to Hampton roads was uneventful, except for the several troopers stalking us without using their Radar. a sharp eye in the mirror always undoes their efforts though. We just waved at them as they gave up and pased us by.
By the way, I had no idea the central part of NC used Radar on their bridges to detect traffic flow for the traffic lights on top of the overpasses. Almost every bridge west of Raleigh made my V1 go off. a quick search on Google told me why.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks John! I had a great time. We had a great turnout, I'm thinking around 35 cars or so. Here's some pics.
You must be registered for see images attach

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More!!!!

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More!!!

Sinister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pictures (that silver gts is bad ass never mind thats mine) had a great time hanging out with everybody try to post some picts tomorrow.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for organizing this. We had a great time and it was good to meet a lot of folks for the first time. Our cruise back to Hampton roads was uneventful, except for the several troopers stalking us without using their Radar. a sharp eye in the mirror always undoes their efforts though. We just waved at them as they gave up and pased us by.

Glad to hear! (About the great time and uneventful return.)

By the way, I had no idea the central part of NC used Radar on their bridges to detect traffic flow for the traffic lights on top of the overpasses. Almost every bridge west of Raleigh made my V1 go off. a quick search on Google told me why.

Yeah, it's real annoying since I live there and deal with it regularly.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot to mention it was nice having Tom Session and family there as well. Good to see you again Tom.:)

Definitely! It was great to have Tom on hand for a couple of minor matters and peace of mind in case of any biggger problems which thankfully didn't happen (other than the one Canadian tire, thanks for handling!).

AndyStacy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great time meeting you guys. Thanks again for letting me shoot the pictures for the event. I'll be getting together with John about the group picture i got so we can get some posters and stuff printed up. I'll also make a thread in the NC/SC section with pictures i took while there, maybe you guys would want some prints of those as well.

Thanks again for a wonderful weekend!!!

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Andy for the great shots of my car. Also makes a good Avatar! I will be purchasing your photos of this event.

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...We just got home few hour ago, a long trip but was worth the travel. The Carolinas VCA was very gracious, as they helped us out when we lost a front tire on one of the ACRs to a side wall puncture. Brian arranged for a Sport Cup front tire to replace upon arrival in Ashville...way too cool man thanks for all your trouble. Don, John and Mike thanks for organizing this event the Biltmore is a beautiful place. You guys have too many troopers, V1 did the trick and got us home safely, cheers for now. Thanks to Denis (Ontario VCA) for organizing the ride down to Biltmore.

JohnnyLightning

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who helped organize this. I didn't hear one person complain the whole time and that is rare with a car event. Congrats on a fun weekend already planning for next years VCA event for carolinas.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...We just got home few hour ago, a long trip but was worth the travel. The Carolinas VCA was very gracious, as they helped us out when we lost a front tire on one of the ACRs to a side wall puncture. Brian arranged for a Sport Cup front tire to replace upon arrival in Ashville...way too cool man thanks for all your trouble. Don, John and Mike thanks for organizing this event the Biltmore is a beautiful place. You guys have too many troopers, V1 did the trick and got us home safely, cheers for now. Thanks to Denis (Ontario VCA) for organizing the ride down to Biltmore.

Glad you guys could come down, and good to hear you made it back safely. Nice group you have there, it was good that we could get a good sized group out to join you!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who helped organize this. I didn't hear one person complain the whole time and that is rare with a car event. Congrats on a fun weekend already planning for next years VCA event for carolinas.

Great to hear!

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great time meeting you guys. Thanks again for letting me shoot the pictures for the event. I'll be getting together with John about the group picture i got so we can get some posters and stuff printed up. I'll also make a thread in the NC/SC section with pictures i took while there, maybe you guys would want some prints of those as well.

Thanks again for a wonderful weekend!!!

Thanks for coming out, and looking forward to getting together about the photos!

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a great time!! Thanks to everyone that help set everything up. Did a great job! John if there is anything I can do to help organize a future event you let me know.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a great time!! Thanks to everyone that help set everything up. Did a great job! John if there is anything I can do to help organize a future event you let me know.

Sounds great! Can you go to the Carribean to scout out our next meet? ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62