VOI Caravan!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our region planned a caravan to Detroit on both Tuesday and Wednesday. We've had a few other regions join us and wanted to offer it to anyone passing through. The more the merrier. The vast majority will be leaving on Tuesday. Feel free to join us. Details below:

Many members have expressed interest to cruise to Detroit as a large group. We’ll have folks from all over IL, IN, WI, MI, and IA joining us on the journey! We even have folks from Western and Southern states coming along for the ride. We’ve set a caravan meet up time/place for both Tuesday and Wednesday morning. You can join whichever group leaves on your day. As we know, it's always more fun to go together!

We have arranged a meeting spot at the Lincoln Oasis on I-80 near I-294 (You can't miss it, signs before you arrive and you'll see the bridge as you get closer). The departure time will be the same on both days, please be there no later than 8:00am. The caravan will leave shortly after 8:00am.

The Lincoln Oasis is located on I-80 just between I-294 and I-94. We will of course be on the EASTBOUND side of the Oasis. We’ll meet at the end of the lot (exactly where the arrow is pointing). Fuel is available at the Oasis, so don’t forget to get a full tank. This is also a good place if you want to grab a bite, several restaurants can be found there. Once we leave, we plan to travel in 1 ½ to 2 hour segments stopping at rest areas along the way and breaking for lunch somewhere midway. We’ll have a relaxed drive. The trip from our meeting point will be about 6 hours (which includes our stops). We should arrive in Detroit around 3:30pm (their time). This will give us enough time to check-in, register, and wash up our cars before the evening.

You must be registered for see images

I will lead the Tuesday group, we’ll have driving instructions printed. Someone else will lead on Wednesday.

Note: While the very vast majority are driving their cars, some are trailering their vehicles. The trailers will obviously drive at a slower pace than the Vipers, though it’s encouraged that you still use this as a meeting time/place so that you can travel in a group (a very good idea when towing).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R