VOI events and price?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never been. To me it looks like a couple of days at the oval track. Plus 2 hour chat session with team Viper about the SRT10. As stated this would be my first run around the track. Not really a race car guy. To afraid I might hit the wall, loose my car. Now I need a helmet. Starting to wonder how I am going to fit a weeks worth of luggage in the trunk. Plus I might need a suit (formal dinner wear). Then there is the Elvis costume.

I am interested to hear some positive feedback from past years. Cabin fever man. Help!

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff, to date I have only missed one VOI (Monteray) and I will never do that again. i have fond memories of each one and am sure that once you sample what Dodge provides you will also look forward to #8.

Hodaddy, I believe you have the yellow 94 or 95 with the slicks and the open trailer? I think I saw you at Vegas and am sure I parked next to you in St. Louis. Regretfully there is no Drag Racing scheduled as the only facility around is an 1/8 mile (what the h_ll is that) and it is very rough. So instead of taking a risk Dodge decided to skip the drag racing this time. Trade the slicks for some pilots and try Autocrossing. I had the real dirty red Rt-10 on the Featherlite at St Louis. Auocrossed all morning on Sunday (run after run) when others were worried about getting their car wet. Best time at a VOI to date. Was a little slick at first but once you knew how far the car would slide (or spin)it was a blast.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have only missed one VOI. That was VOI 1 in Detroit.

I will never miss a VOI either. I hear VOI 8 will be in Fresno, California.

Dodge knows how to put on a party. They go overboard on these events. Each event has been out done buy the next. You must also remember that the people make the party. I have met many great people over the years at the last 6 VOI's. I expect I will continue to make more new friends at each VOI I attend. You also get many goodies when you check-in at the beginning of the event. The dinners and entertainment are also great. Once you have attended a VOI - you will most likely not miss another.

Looking forward to this years event - signed up tonight!

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't see anything related to a drag strip being available? Is one going to be available? I'm not to interested in the road coarse since this is when all the Hodaddy's cruise around the track for there first track experiences. Price is up also a buck/person from the last event. No dinner provisions provided on Sunday also? Spend the evening with your region? I consider myself still a national member since the region I belong to is 400 miles away. They expect to get 2000 people? Is that the best price they can get on the Hotel for this group $150 something/night if you register early? Dodge bargains about as hard as my company does for Heatlh Insurance rates!!!!!

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never been to a VOI.
And with 2 small children ( 2yrs and 8 months)
I knew trying to go would be a challenge.
But I figured somehow someway.

Well, my wife wasn't too fond of a $1500 vacation "party".
So I said "why not just come down for the weekend"
(grandparents take the children for the weekend).
I asked VOI if my wife (who is not a big viper fan) can join me for the weekend at a weekend rate? Answer NO she would need to pay the $700 for only the weekend.

So now it looks like I may be toast.
Any ideas ??
If i can find a way I am there....

Jim Peffers

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have already registered for VOI7. I would sign up for VOI8 if I could, I don't care where it is. If you're a Viper guy, and you don't have fun at one of these events, you are either sick or dead. I mean, where else can you get a 3-4 day car show at an upscale facility, with entertainment, great food and drink, tech seminars, track time/track activities, cruises, memorabilia and retail displays, and best of all great people? And all of this in a party atmosphere with great service. Dodge really does this right and I can think of no other car company that even comes close. At VOI6, I had fun just getting there and met some great people on the way (especially in the Indiana/Illinois groups).
usa-clear-s.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't get anything in the mail yet....can't comment. But, if there is no drag, only autocross and an oval....I won't be there. I just like a road course. Autocross is not my thing, and very ******* the car. Oval? I can do that anywhere....not very exciting. Road Course......that's what I want.

We'll see when I get the mailing.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew2KRT10:
Didn't get anything in the mail yet....
....We'll see when I get the mailing.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.voi7.com/

(I'm now sitting back waiting to get blasted for making another public service post)

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I will most likely go. I'm sure if I don't, I'll be sorry.

I'll probably sign up in a month or so......

But am I nuts? Did I read it too fast? All I saw about pricing was the hotel.. How much is the event?

AC

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few comments:

I believe the Nashville SuperSpeedway has a roadcourse INSIDE the oval - won't get a lot of elevation changes, but should have some challenging twisties. According to the site it is a 1.87 mile road course and looks like it only uses some short sections of the oval - no banking. After St. Louis, I would have some reservations about putting all these cars on a road course that uses a lot of an oval..

I think Hennessey talked about renting a nearby 1/4 mile dragstrip for Sunday and Monday and having a huge tuner shootout - anyone know if that is still on?

With regard to the original posters other issues (nice first post, BTW)... Yes, the price is up - it happens. Sunday night with the region is a nice touch - personally, I am starting to plan a fun evening for my region - that will be paid for BY the region for our club members. There are NO national members anymore - so everyone belongs to a region. I realize that you said you are 400 miles away, but this is a great time to meet more folks and see if there are others in your region that you could build a relationship and maybe plan an event local to YOU.

VOI is NOT a track event - yes, when folks are on the road course, they are not going too fast. If you want track time, come to Viper Days, don't kvetch about folks enjoying the VOI experience.

Hotel price is steep - supposed to be a great hotel - will be going there 3/15 thru 3/17 - will post impressions of the facilities. Paid over $100 in St. Louis and my hotel room was very small - almost claustrophobic - won't mind paying more to get more..

For everyone else that is on the fence - try to come - you'll have a great time - meet folks on the board, put faces with names, meet the PVO folks, learn about your car, buy lots of goodies, enjoy the atmosphere or total Viper, etc. It's a weekend to remember!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not been on a track at the last two VOI's, and it has still been worth every penny! Getting to see, hear and ride in all those different Viper's is something that only a VOI can provide. Now add to the fact that you get to see old friends and make a bunch of new ones to the mix and you can start to see why this is a must attend event.

The easy way to explain: if you have ever attended Disney World as a child or as a parent, you have undoubtedly seen the reaction on the childs face. This is the same reaction you will see on the faces of adults, especially those attending for the first time. This is DISNEY for the ADULTS, who are nothing more than big kids!

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Check out www.nashvillesuperspeedway.com and there is a great view of the Road Course. It only goes up on the oval down a small section of the straight , so it should be a riot. You will be able to run the track on the following Monday and Tuesday, also, if you sign up for Viper Days ---- make it a nice long vacation, ha!!! Keep in mind there will be some Neons there to Autocross and the Rallye down area roads, etc. is usually alot of fun and it should be pretty scenic in that part of Tennessee.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a big deal for us Europeans to visit VOI in US - Anyway, I registered on March 1st and can't wait to see and meet hundreds of Vipers and Viperowners in ONE place. CU in Nashville.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
Does anybody have pictures up on-line from previous VOI's? The invitation in the mail and the voi7.com site had some interesting "teaser" pix -- I'd love to see full photos of the parade and other mass-gatherings of Vipers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jim -

Here is a good source for photos from VOI6:

<FONT size="6"> Click here for VOI6 photos! </FONT s>

I will attempt to do a similar update from VOI7 this year. It will go a little faster, as I now am tasked with being the webmaster as well (yes, I am working on an update!) I will also add MORE VOI6 photos to this page as I shot well over 600 photos that weekend. Hope you like!

Chris

PS. And of COURSE I know his name is not Jim...
laugh.gif

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indy Pop,

I know what you are saying. The VOI's are pretty expensive. I was really suprised at what the regional event cost last year. These evenst are not cheap, period!

What they are, however, is worth it. Worth every penny and then some. I can not explain why it is so much fun, but it is. As much as it pains me to agree with Steve, he said it best.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
if you have ever attended Disney World as a child or as a parent, you have undoubtedly seen the reaction on the childs face. This is the same reaction you will see on the faces of adults, especially those attending for the first time. This is DISNEY for the ADULTS, who are nothing more than big kids!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You will find yourself walking around with this stupid grin most of the day, every day. At least that is what I did...