VOI X rememberence

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just received this message on my YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. id of RTTTTed and figured I'd like to share it with my "travel buddies".
----------------------------------------------------------------
I think we met I think we met
Although it may seem a bit strange... I did stumble across your videos on youtube this afternoon. While watching them I found it interesting that your Viper looked (and sounded) very familar. I also saw that you were from Canada... Long story short... This past august I talked to a group of Viper owners at the State Street exit off I94 just west of Detroit. You told me that your wife and yourself were headed to the Viper Convention in detroit that same weekend. If you remember and it was you that I talked too... I was the kid in the Black Z28 Camaro that had asked you a bunch of questions about your car. Anyways... Great videos and an even greater car... I would love to own one some day. Its nice to hear one that has the cam lope that yours does.... I love that sound you have. I would love to hear back from you... have a great evening.

Tim

Pretty cool, eh?

Ted

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes I do. Dan (from Florida VCA) was travelling with us and remembers his visit as well.

Shaping young minds:)

Ted

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the same way my mind was shaped back in 1993 when 2 guys from Manitoba showed me their cars at the 1993 Mopar Nationals.

I was never the same.:D

Robert

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very coool. That's a big part of what it's all about. Spreading the emotion, not just the word.

Hey Robert, I noticed that you have gone to 20" Pirelli P-Zero Rossos. Do you like them? Do you ever track them? I'm going to be due for tires in the spring, and am doing my research ahead of time. I try to hit the track 2-3 times / year. So, far, the local consensus is steering me toward PS II's. Sorry for the diversion - just curious.

Steve

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve - The Pirelli's are OK. I have tracked it (strip, cone dodging and roadcource) and have found them to be OK. I do not believe I have pushed it far enough though to REALLY be on the edge of the tires ability so I can not say what happens when that point is reached but....

As I have to replace my tires due to damage after I hit highway debris last fall :(, I am going to go with PS 2's this round.

I guess indirectly that answers your question too now doesn't it!:lmao:;)

Hope it helps.:)

Robert

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very coool. That's a big part of what it's all about. Spreading the emotion, not just the word.

Steve

I walked up to gentleman that was driving a 70 Dodge Daytona when I was a teenager, I was excited about his car and asked him about it.
He was a huge dick to me, I still remember how that felt to this day.

I try to make it a point to be kind and take a little time to answer questions or open the hood for people, I don't ever want to make someone feel like I did when that man treated me like I wasn't worth talking to.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clint,

What you said times 100! I had almost the exact same thing happen to me years ago and I swore I will never do that to anyone. After he yelled :)omg: What did I do??) at me for 5 minutes, I left crushed and that feeling stayed with me a LONG time. That is why now that I have my own car, I do this whenever I can:

motivator6228072.jpg

Hopefully, I can make a positive differance to someones mind in this crazy world.

Robert

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clint,

What you said times 100! I had almost the exact same thing happen to me years ago and I swore I will never do that to anyone. After he yelled :)omg: What did I do??) at me for 5 minutes, I left crushed and that feeling stayed with me a LONG time.

I'd like to hear his side of the story. You may have deserved to be yelled at :D I kid, I kid. I will say that every Viper guy I approached before I bought my Viper was extremely nice. It wasn't many, but I never had a bad experience meeting a Viper owner, even if I did keep them ******* while I took all sorts of pics of their cars :D I have let many kids sit in my car and take pics. A lot of times their parents seem surprised that I don't mind. I told one woman at a carshow that her son could sit in it and I would take photos and email them some pics of him (they didn't have a camera). She looked at me and was like "are you serious?!?" She told me that every Viper they'd ever seen had velvet ropes around it and "do not touch" signs all over it. I laughed and told her that I've never had that type attitude about my Viper and never will.

OP
OP
R

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I wrote the "Mission Charity Car Show" article for Domestic Driver - A bi-monthly online magazine featuring Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, and GM Cars from 1980+ I included a bit about a little kid who's Dad asked me to show him my Viper. I did, took pics and emailed them to him. Little kid (5) was thrilled that he was might be mentioned in a magazine!

"Building a better future through our people".

I think the people that care help shape the future the most. Chad, how many cases of hotwheels Vipers have you handed out now?

Ted

Ted

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to hear his side of the story. You may have deserved to be yelled at :D

Look, I only kicked him in the shin twice to get his attention. Had he shown a little interest in me before I kicked him.....!;):lmao::lmao::lmao:

Was not a Viper owner though. He had a 70 AAR Cuda.

Yeah, that kid in the above pic was same deal. Saw the car. No camera. Was super excited. Emailed his mom the pics.....

Granted Chad, how many times do you check out the mother FIRST and THEN offer the kid a photo op?? :poke:;):D:D:D

:lmao::lmao:

Robert

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar but positive experience back in 96 when I was first looking at Vipers. I was on my way skiing driving a 8 year old Olds delta 88, saw a Viper at the gas station and asked him how he liked it. Told him I was thinking about getting one and wanted to know what he did and did not like about it. About 10 minutes later I was following the guy to he house where he then proceeded to show me his new GTS, then take me for a ride in his 94 RT/10. I have never forgotten that experience and the way I was treated. In fact, when I first got the car one of the first trips was to his house to show him my baby, ever since then have tried to share the passion.

Glad to hear there are others that feel the same and pass this along to others, guess it is just one more reason to buy a Viper!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth