VOI XI

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm making my initial plans for attending VOI XI and contemplating either the caravan with whoever is driving there (I'm guessing 22 hours over 2 days) or whether there's enough of us to share a car carrier and just fly there. Economy flights are cheap at just under $335 return....do you guys/girls have any thoughts on this yet?

If not, I'm sure its just the excitement getting the better of me.

Regards,
Aaron
NJ member who works here, lives in MI on weekends...yes it's a mess.

OP
OP
AFL in NJ

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figure I'd ask because likely someone is already talking to Reliable about a group rate. It says 19 hours of driving plus fuel, food, etc. and I'm not sure if there are sections of Iowa and Nebraska where I'd find speed limits that would allow me to shorten that time.

Regards,
Aaron

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I figure I'd ask because likely someone is already talking to Reliable about a group rate. It says 19 hours of driving plus fuel, food, etc. and I'm not sure if there are sections of Iowa and Nebraska where I'd find speed limits that would allow me to shorten that time.

Regards,
Aaron

Not in Iowa, however Nebraska has a higher limit and many long open stretches.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple things: First, we are getting down to the wire on our preferred carrier for VOI 11 and the rates are VERY aggressive - under $0.50 a mile. If you have the time and the inclination, getting their can be half the fun when you run with groups of other Vipers. Even if you are solo for the first leg, you can invariably hook up with other groups as they make their departures such as Illinois. It all depends on what you like and how much time you want to spend getting there. Either way, you will have great options!

We hope to finalize the carrier in the next two weeks and will provide all the details immediately thereafter. Stay tuned!

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terry Bosserman and I will be putting a caravan together from Ohio and going west. Anyone is welcome to join along the way.

OP
OP
AFL in NJ

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Chris,

I fully concur about driving in the caravan to events....I'm sure you've heard stories about the NY/NJ/PA/CT guys and the fun we had getting to events.....plus the wow factor when we stop somewhere for lunch and kids are just in shock and awe that all these Vipers are right in front of them; that's one of my greatest joys as an owner! I asked a father of a young boy if he wanted his picture taken while sitting in my Viper and I had only one condition...he not steal my girlfriend....the little boy exclaimed "not a chance" and I got to laugh for the rest of the trip that she might not be as hot as she knew she was.

Reliable quoted me $1250 each way and since I should have some overtime to use up I'm pretty sure I'll be caravaning it!

Regards,
Aaron