VOI10???

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question. I am more interested to know where it is if there is going to be one.

Same here...we would love to have one a bit closer to home to be able to make it and get the time off!! I'm sure we'll know when 'they' know (whoever 'they' may be now!! :D )
~juli~

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are usually scheduled about a year and a half apart. If there is to be another we should be hearing soon.

How 'bout it, anything planned yet? any discussions?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think there is a chance for it again in the future, as alot of the top guys still around after the Cerberus Takeover are pretty devout gearheads. I do think there will be more of a delay than wanted ,and in the meantime the events will be on a smaller scale and around different parts of the Country --- the Viper vs Viper get together for instance.

Cerberus may actually see it as a good way to launch new products to a very unique marketing segment ( with 80% of Viper owners having Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep products in their garages ). I know it is a very unique venue , though expensive, so to have it done in the future I would anticipate a longer period between Invitationals.

PS - My vote is to go to Salt Lake City, as Miller Motorsport Park is arguably the best track in America, was designed around Vipers ( words from the Designerof the track to numerous folks ). It has two seperate tracks that can be connected for an insane 4.5 miles , but with the two seperate tracks it cars could be running on both sides. Plus there is tons of space for an autocross venue, and there is a go kart track also on the premises.
With over 100 million spent , this place is unbelievable. There is also an NHRA approved dragstrip in Salt Lake and lastly drives through the Rockies ( Park City , etc ) would be fantastic and we would be THE convention in town!!!

Lastly all you need is one person to join a club ( usually around 5-10 bucks ) and the rest of his/her friends can come in as guests, so the old rule that you can't drink in Salt Lake is very misunderstood.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill who at the top is a serious gear head? Those in the industry know who are the auto enthusiasts and who are the pretenders. Many pretenders buy their way into calling themselves enthusiasts by buying high dollar cars purely so they can call themselves car guys (which they really are not).

More often than not the mags get it wrong.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefuly somewhere central to the US to minimize travel for the coasts.Then again 10 yr anniversary VOI.Detroit?First Intl in Toronto Ontario?Has anyone looked into having a city kick in as a host city/country like for the olympics?Lots of publicity,Showcase the city/country.Make it a week long event.VCA thinks too small.Show up money.Advertised as world event showcasing area with coverage of restaurants,hotels,sights..........GTS Bruce

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill who at the top is a serious gear head? Those in the industry know who are the auto enthusiasts and who are the pretenders. Many pretenders buy their way into calling themselves enthusiasts by buying high dollar cars purely so they can call themselves car guys (which they really are not).

More often than not the mags get it wrong.

Meet your new boss...:headbang:

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=604688