VOI12 Pictures including my mechanical breakdown!

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got a few minutes to upload all of the photos from this past few days at VOI12. It was blast except for Saturday's rain out. My first VOI was not without some excitement as my Paxton external fuel pump decided to quit during Friday's scenic tour. Needless to say, not a good thing but fortunately I was only two miles from Petty Garage and able to limp the car there. I can't say enough good things about the guys at Petty's Garage. They worked for three hours straight to get me a replacement pump and back on the road. In addition, we were give the full tour of all the facilities while we were waiting. They even went gave us the keys to Serial# 0001 of Richard Petty's 610HP Supercharged Challenger to drive while my car was being worked on. :)

Talk about real car guys! To top it off, Richard Petty stopped by and posed for a few pictures with us and signed some shirts. I also stopped by Doug Herbert's shop to pick up some racing fuel for the TT. Doug was gracious enough to give us tour of his shop including is 330MPH dragster:D

VOI12 Photo Library Link:
http://srtvoi12.shutterfly.com/

Enjoy!

Bandit400

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard about someone's car breaking down and the Petty guys hooking you up with a loaner... that is one memorable / awesome experience. I was highly impressed with their shop and the cars. I'm ruined... I plan on making every VOI from here on out.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard about someone's car breaking down and the Petty guys hooking you up with a loaner... that is one memorable / awesome experience. I was highly impressed with their shop and the cars. I'm ruined... I plan on making every VOI from here on out.
You are not the only guy that got ruined :D The atmosphere and the people are just so great that you have NO other option but to keep attending VOI's! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I am able to make VOI 13 work no matter where it is.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad the Petty guys took care of you. Their actions say a lot about their character. Richard was very kind to stop by his garage while we were there. Seems like a down-to-earth guy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth