VRL drivers switch to P-car for 24 Hrs of Daytona

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Race starts at 1:00 pm on fox, then 2:30 on speed channel!!! Message I recieved from Tom Atherton.

Dear Friends:

Hello from Daytona International Speedway!!

As some of you know or may have heard by now, I will be racing in my first "Pro-event" this weekend. The Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona. This is and event I have been working towards since the start of my racing activities almost 10 years ago.

I will be racing with The Racers Group "TRG" out of California. TRG will have 5 cars in the race...all with a mix of Pro, Semi-Pro, and amateur drivers. My team is made up of 3 fellow Viper Racing League drivers...Russ Oasis, Jim Stout and Jason Daskalos...and our Pro driver, Tommy Archer. Tommy has been racing for over 30 years and was the development test driver for Dodge on the Viper Competition Coupe race car. We have a good team with capable drivers and look forward to a fun and exciting race.

The race will be televised starting tomorrow (Saturday) at noon central time on FOX for 1 1/2 hours, then it will jump over to the SPEED channel at 1:30 PM for about 16 hours of live coverage!

We are driving a Porsche 997 GT-3 car...which looks like a 911 on steroids! Our car number # 65...it's a dark purple looking car with light blue mirrors and tail spoiler.

As well as watching on TV, you can also go to this web site http://www.grand-am.com/ to get live scoring and data information on car position, laps times, which driver is in the car, etc. Click on the "live timing and scoring" window. You can also click on the Grand Am Rolex Series banner at the top of that page to go to their link for additional information on the drivers, etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62