Wanted gen2 RT/10 hard top ...... a damaged top is ok

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, is this a secret project than can only be unveiled to the public- when, and if, it turns out right?

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, is this a secret project than can only be unveiled to the public- when, and if, it turns out right?

No secret. I just need to fix her something that will fit in the trunk that a lady can actually install....quickly and in the rain if need be. I would rather buy something but nobody has stepped up to the plate. As usual....if you want something done...do it yourself.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go Tony - but you're required to post the outcome - unless the details
are covered under a patent. :smirk:

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah ha, 1T1..... That folding hardtop project huh?
Thought Vipermania would have bit on it,but nada! Go for it bubs!
:)

Biff Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save your $$$$$ Tony!!!...Not only have we attempted to do one but several other former top makers have tried one also. The "only" way to accomplish this is by making the top a "3-piece". I've taken a TGF hardtop ,which is the smallest top ever made for a Viper, cut it in half and it's still too big!! You would need to have a fixed center piece (ala "T" tops) and then 2 removeable panels, unfortunately a "fixed" center peice would create several safety issues. Sorry guys, we went down this road approx. 4 years ago....HOWEVER!!! Tony, if you can complete something along these lines we'd be happy to produce the tops for you!!!....I sincerly wish you Good Luck and please feel free to contact me with any questions...

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Biff. Sometimes nothing is impossible for a male in heat :) (just kidding, I have been married 21 years)What I am thinking is very possible, It's just going to take some fabrication. I just hate starting with a new top. After it's done and proven then I am sure you could spit them out easily. My goal is to satisfy the wife....after that we will see. you have pm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth