Washington VOI Attendance

Please select all that match your VOI 11 plans....

• Yes, I'm attending.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No, I can't make it.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I already have helmet(s) meeting the spec (SA2000, SA2005, M2000, M2005).

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • I need a new helmet(s).

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I will be driving my Viper.

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • I will be shipping my Viper.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will be trailering my Viper, and have a trailer.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I want to trailer my Viper, but need a trailer.

• I will be flying in without my Viper

• I will be driving another vehicle, and not bringing my Viper.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'd like to get an idea of how many folks from Washington are planning on attending VOI 11, and whether we should be doing more to help prepare for the event. Please help us out by participating in this short survey.

vwiper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yahoo.. I was the first to vote per the polls I just saw after voting... Now all I need to do is buy VOI tickets and reserve me a hotel room. <GRIN>!!!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only 2 votes so far.

I'm all paid up and ready to go. Trying to decide if the Silver State Rally 2 weels before is a good bet, or put that off till next year.

Ted

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am number 3 and my only big concern is figuring out how to get all my stuff into the RT-10 for the trip. I have the 3 piece top and I can stow the 2 side pieces behind the seats (We are not very tall) and if necessary I can drive with the center section installed like a T-top.

I also need to figure out whether to drive down on my track tires (Kuhmos) which are DOT approved but soft (wear rating of 50). It isn't terribly far to Salt Lake, so perhaps they will work out and not wear out.

I have plenty of time to figure out how to be creative.

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I checked both have a helmet and need a helmet, as I'd like to get another for my wife / spare... There's been a shortage of helmets at every event I've been to, and I'm wondering if it makes any sense for us to try to put together a group purchase.

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I will likely be selling my 20' open "Challenger custom series" steel trailer with locking box in the next month or two. With my son's racing hobby, an enclosed trailer is in our future, so I plan to get one big enough to haul the Viper and his quarter midget. I have over $5500 into the trailer including an 8000# winch with remote connection so you can easily load a vehicle. It is steel, with diamond plate decking, aluminum side steps, removable driver's side fender and more. It tows very well even behind our older Durango. If interested let me know as I would prefer to keep it local.
-James

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am number 3 and my only big concern is figuring out how to get all my stuff into the RT-10 for the trip. I have the 3 piece top and I can stow the 2 side pieces behind the seats (We are not very tall) and if necessary I can drive with the center section installed like a T-top.

I also need to figure out whether to drive down on my track tires (Kuhmos) which are DOT approved but soft (wear rating of 50). It isn't terribly far to Salt Lake, so perhaps they will work out and not wear out.

I have plenty of time to figure out how to be creative.

Travelling in a convoy means that you're going with friends so ... have one of your friends with a GTS carry one of your suitcases for you. Have one of your friends with a trailer carry your track tires for you. I was advised that the Kuhmos wouldn't make the drive from Phoenix to Wash. You want to drive both ways on them? Call JonB for advice.

You can buy a travel bag that straps onto the trunk of your car (yuck) or build a cargo rack for a suitcase or pair of tires? Remember the old vettes?

Ted

OP
OP
S

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
James,

D'Oh! I wish you would have mentioned this two weeks ago. I just put a deposit down on a new, custom, open trailer with a large cargo box in front. I modeled it after yours, except that it will be lower and have longer ramps. BTW - it's being made by Titan Haul in Tacoma, so I don't have to worry about cross-country delivery.

Rich,

It appears that I'll be one of the few folks trailering there, and I will probably have some room in my trailer's cargo box that you can use, if you want. BTW - I now have about 1800 miles on my Kuhmo's, and was originally told to expect 3,000 or less. However, my wear pattern (despite half of these 1800 miles being track miles) suggests that I still have 2,000 or 3,000 left. I'll know more after this summer.

Steve

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rich,

It appears that I'll be one of the few folks trailering there, and I will probably have some room in my trailer's cargo box that you can use, if you want. BTW - I now have about 1800 miles on my Kuhmo's, and was originally told to expect 3,000 or less. However, my wear pattern (despite half of these 1800 miles being track miles) suggests that I still have 2,000 or 3,000 left. I'll know more after this summer.

Steve[/QUOTE]

The tire info is good to know, thanks for posting it.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456