Watch live the Chicago Auto Show Dodge Press Conference today, 2/9 12:15pm EST

vooodoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph is in Chicago and will be doing the Dodge press conference at 12:15 EST.

Click here:
Red Letter Dodge

The new 2012 Charger SRT8 will be revealed. :)

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not sure I like the front end. I guess I'm biased towards my 07 Superbee.:D Why is the 6.4 rated 465/465, as opposed to 470/470 in the Challenger? That being said, overall, I like it, just need to tone done that grill a little.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks D....... time zone got us tho.

I also have a Bee (very last one, #425/425/2009) and I like the NEW Charger nose, but agree the SRT-8 reminds me of a Whale-Shark. ! -I wonder if there will be a 2012 Bee?-

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine is 2007 722/1000. Your ** 09 Bee is pretty rare, I've only ever seen one at Carlisle. Actually, even though there are supposedly 2425 (from 07-09) you never see 'em.

I like the new SRT8, I'm sure the front end will grow on me. Still wonder why they de-rated the 6.4 though.

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why is the 6.4 rated 465/465, as opposed to 470/470 in the Challenger?

You'll have to watch the replay,,,Ralph explains that.

Charger SRT is now a 170mph car, and now has paddle shifter on the steering wheel :2tu:
Also, data display in the dash for 1/4 times, G-Force figures, etc.
New interior, with leather and seude from the Viper side. Raised hood for better cooling. Improved audio system! Improved braking system.

Challenger RT now available in Envy Green color.

Good to see a CEO wearing a t-shirt while giving a presentation, and walking/talking with his hands in his pockets at times. Made you feel like he is a average Joe, car guy, instead of a suit spewing the BS.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I really like that nose!!

Looks like it going to eat the opposition ...

That car is HOT!!!!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, sounds like it's going to be a very nice beast!:headbang: I'm already impressed with the braking on mine, so this should be good. Interior improvements are nice, although my no-nonsense interior never bothered me, I know many did not like it.

Paddle shifting cool. I don't use my auto-stick much, but the gearing is a little funny. I hope they sell some, because the current gen just didn't sell that well.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done Ralph! :2tu:

Thanks Doris for the link and info! :hail:

P.S. Thanks for the funeral of the R/T name being slapped on everything. :hail:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine is 2007 722/1000. Your ** 09 Bee is pretty rare, I've only ever seen one at Carlisle. Actually, even though there are supposedly 2425 (from 07-09) you never see 'em. I like the new SRT8, I'm sure the front end will grow on me. Still wonder why they de-rated the 6.4 though.

The new Charger Door-coves are great, instead of the slab-sides. And I like the standard new noses a LOT. My 09 Bee does have the performance computer data graphics mid dash, a lot of fun to play with. The 1st time I tried it, I remarked 'DANG, should be in the Viper!' I hope that product tranlates to the Gen V Viper, where it could really be used and appreciated. {PS-Bee matches the ACR, Orange/Black duo.}

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 07 has most of those goodies in the EVIC as well, except G-force - that started in 08. I agree that it would be great to have in the Viper.

Have you had the infamous tranmission connector fluid leak? Mine just started - drip, drip, drip, at 14,000 miles. Probably because it's been so dang cold. One more thing I gotta get looked at - should be covered under the extended warranty.

As I said, I hope this new car is a hit, because I can go months without seeing another SRT8 Charger, and there are a zillion Chargers on the road around me.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks D....... time zone got us tho.

I also have a Bee (very last one, #425/425/2009) and I like the NEW Charger nose, but agree the SRT-8 reminds me of a Whale-Shark. ! -I wonder if there will be a 2012 Bee?-

Well, if for nothing else, I appreciate your humor. Hillarious!:D

If it were blue, it would be hard to tell the difference.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sergio Marchionne did a live apperance on CNBC this morning. I have a group of friends who were all born in Rome, then immigrated to Canada, then finally ended up inthe USA so I am not sure why I was so taken by the fact he has only an imperceptable Italian accent (he went to shool in Canada), but he talks a good talk. They were asking him about all the positive press about the superbowl ad and he said "marketing is nothing without product." He said Chrysler can had the greatest ads ever, but without great cars to sell it means nothings. Yes he is a salesman, but he talks the talk. I still want to see a Fiat 500 in person.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62