Watch out in Wallingford CT

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys I will get pic and a vin shortly. On RT 5 near my home a spanking brand new 03 srt-10 totaled by a salesman showing off to a potential customer.
It needs a lot of work and there body shop is doing the fix. So the question is do they tell anyone who buys this car about the damage.

Tool Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once the car is fixed, no one will be told about the wreck. Unless the potential owner has the car checked out by a good body shop (there are usually signs of a major fix)the customer will sadly never know. I haven't bought a Viper yet but just test drove an '04 which the dealer pulled out of the showroom for me. When we went for the ride the salesman urged me to "red line" the motor. I never took it over 3,000rpms. I almost bought an RT10 (new at the time) from a dealer. Before I made the deal I found tiny pieces of tread stuck to the rear wheel wells. As the old saying goes "Buyer Beware". It goes double for most car dealers.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they are required by law to disclose such damage. I know when I was waiting for my BMW that they are "allowed" to fix up to a certain amount of damage (for some reason $1,500 sticks in my mind) and any more than that must be disclosed to the buyer - there was a writeup on the BMW site about how you could request some sort of document that would show all repairs at the port of entry for amounts less than $1,500, and that "they would have to tell you anyway" if it was above $1,500.

Now whether the dealer will actually tell the customer or not is another story. Maybe in a couple of weeks someone could call the dealer looking for an SRT and see what they say about it.