weight distributing hitch

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for purchase of one of these to tow my viper. I have a Kwik-load open trailer and a 1/2 ton pickup. Looks like I need to know the tongue weight among other things. There seem to be many types. I figure there'd be some experience with these among some of you towing your snakes. Thanks.

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this one.

http://www.equalizerhitch.com/

I use an Excursion to pull a 24 foot enclosed Wells Cargo with this hitch. Awesome. Some of the anti-sway hitches are not designed to be used when backing up, so check for that feature during your research. The Equalizer is designed for both load-leveling and anti-sway. I love the Equalizer and would highly recommend it.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
V

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Equalizer's sway control brackets rather than the chains that the Draw-tite has. On the other hand, I like the dual cam sway control design of the Draw-tite vs. the friction type of the Equalizer (allegedly stops initiation of the sway instead of just dampening it after the sway is initiated). They say that it still allows turning and backing up. The differences may be a lot of theoretical B.S. though for all I can tell. Price will probably play a role.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you position the draw-tite correctly you can typically back up. The problem is when the trailer does not allow the ideal postion of the chain pulls. The head can also be angled down to gain a wider range of use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth