Weird thing my alarm did today, looking for opinions

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so today I go out to my Viper and my clicker won't unlock the car. So my first thought the battery in the clicker is dead. So I go grab my other 2 clickers to try them and neither one of them work! So I am a little worried at this point, so I open the rear hatch with the key (expecting the alarm to go off) and when the hatch opens the alarm doesn't go off (and yes the alarm was set because I had set it a couple hours earlier and the doors were still locked), so I reach in and open the drivers door (thinking maybe the alarm will go off when I open the door), and nope the alarm didn't go off then either. So I get in the car, put the key in the ignition and the car starts right up. So I shut it down closed everything up and tried to set the alarm with the clicker once again and it worked, then I tried to unlock it and it worked again, so I re-set the alarm one more time and the car has been fine the rest of the day.

So any thoughts on what kind of electrical gremlins I have?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Can't tell for sure...is it a 2001? How old is the car's battery? Was it parked near any high voltage lines or TV towers etc.?

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thought is you failed to set it the first time (when you thought you had!)..... Hope it was just a weird hiccup.

OP
OP
72hemi

72hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Aaron.

It is a 2001 ACR, and I am certain I set it the first time (I heard it honk and saw the lights flash).

The battery is about 4 years old and is on my list of things to replace before VOI this year.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my Viper do some odd stuff when there's lots of RFI around. I don't know if it just would receive partial signal, but at times I'd be locked out for a bit, then all of the sudden the remote would work. I replaced the battery in the remote and it made no difference. I just don't understand why there's so much RFI in places around the Bay Area.

A battery is a pretty small "to-do" list before VOI 12. We do need to plan that door adjusting session we talked about last year too.

Regards,
Aaron

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Gen I had some alarm issues when I got it. Needed a new control module (ordered from Tator) and no problems since.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Gen I had some alarm issues when I got it. Needed a new control module (ordered from Tator) and no problems since.

How much did it cost? I guess my alarm system works in the sense where I can lock and unlock the car, but no alarm is triggered when the car is locked and you lift the hood or open the glass hatch for the trunk.. :(

ramedjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ever set the alarm and about 3 hours later the alarm goes off by itself outside and in my garage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456