Well my Viper days are over.....

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The day finally came where I had to get rid of my Viper. Being a Mortgage broker with a big over head, and no paycheck for the last 13 months I had to get rid of my two other cars. I replaced the Viper and my Tahoe with a new LS3 Corvette. I took some of the mod money from the parts I sold and basically turned it into a blacked out Z. Heres the shocking part, the car and the experience are NO WHERE NEAR, AND I MEAN NO WHERE NEAR the Viper. After owning 9 Corvettes and moving to a Viper I now understand. Before I bought this car I used to listen to what I thought were the paumpus Viper owners brag on the Corvette forum, now I understand why. The whole experience dwarfs the Corvette. In the Vette you get no looks, (Its blacked out and dumped with Z fenders), the brakes are dogshi$, the suspension soft etc. I am shocked I really have no connection with the car because im so used to the Torque and the race scar steering of the Viper. I get ZERO exitement driving the Vette where as we would jump in the Viper and just drive down Pch. My wife damn near cried when she saw it drive away. The funny thing is, My personal feeling is that even if the car was a Z06, I would still feel the same. The only thing I can say for the car is that the new ls3 motor is very strong.

Something me and the wife will miss the most though, the Viper events and the people. My wife and I loved going with the So Cal VCA with Dan and Cathy. These were some of the best moments of the experience. The people were classy, friendly and we had a lot in common. We really will miss Dan and Cathy. Two very good people and great Viper leaders. I can say we have zero interest in doing anything corvette related, its just not the same thing. Hopefully in a couple of years I can get my shi$ together again and be back in an 08 Vert. I just wanted to say that being a Viper owner and all it entails have been some of the best times of my life. Thanks to Dan and Cathy and the VCA. And thanks to Dodge for making this car. Hopefully the Viper lives on. I'll be back after the Corporate restructing, hopefully the same people will be around!!!!!!!!!:(:usa::2tu::usa:

redlineviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very cool and classy post. Its helps to have a comparison which creates the contrast so you can apreciate what you had. On the other hand you are very lucky to "downgrade" to a great sports car many strive to have one day. Its all relative.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool and classy post. Its helps to have a comparison which creates the contrast so you can apreciate what you had. On the other hand you are very lucky to "downgrade" to a great sports car many strive to have one day. Its all relative.

Very true, I still count myself fortunate to be driving americas 2nd best sports car. I plan on posting the differences between the 2 cars on the corvette forum, should be a fun read on the responses!:lmao::2tu:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear 1DumpedViper,

Sorry to hear that you're temporarily out of your Viper....but it's an opportunity...someday soon when the real estate climate and housing market turns around and people start hammering away at the deals that are out there, you'll start seeing those nice big commission checks again and I'm sure you'll fill that hole in your heart with a new Viper....maybe an ACR with mods putting it over 700hp?

Regards,
Aaron

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not fooling anyone. Viperism is like alcoholism...once a Viper guy, always a Viper guy. You'll be back. In the mean time, don't be a stranger!!!

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're not fooling anyone. Viperism is like alcoholism...once a Viper guy, always a Viper guy. You'll be back. In the mean time, don't be a stranger!!!

Thanks guys, I dont feel so much like a roach now!:lmao: And you right about that, a Viper is a VIPER!:usa::headbang:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear u had to sell....hopefully just a bump in the road....

while u're here can u tell me a little about the stereo upgrade in the 06... do u have the model numbers for the speakers,woofer and amp.. how did u like the set up?

thanks

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear u had to sell....hopefully just a bump in the road....

while u're here can u tell me a little about the stereo upgrade in the 06... do u have the model numbers for the speakers,woofer and amp.. how did u like the set up?

thanks

I dont but can get them. I couldnt hear the stock stereo over my exhaust. This system was LOUD and clean. I paid 6k for it. I'm going to be taking a bunch of pics and putting them in the classified section. It will include the back wall that had to be cut up to fit the woofer.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will be back, bigger and stronger.

my words exactly.. It's only a car man... Come back bigger and stronger...

Ive also owned too many corvettes to count...ZR1's,Z06's,LT4's,etc.. They are great cars that you can use everyday... No, they are not a viper... But I do respect the Corvette, and its part in history.

Zrxpilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about the way things are working out. I have yet to drive mine and cant imagine the distress it would cause if I had to get rid of it. You could aways get a Jeep wrangler to tie you over until things get better again. Its another rig I will never be without. Drive one once with the top off. You will know what I mean. Good luck with whatever you do.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As one of the last remaining mortgage brokers in my area I feel your pain!:mad: I could not believe that I had to let mine go last fall. Now I can not believe that I am polishing up my resume.

The Viper sort of ruins you for other cars. Nothing else will ever match up for performance and looks.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang in there Mike you'll be behind the wheel of a Viper in the near future. In the interim, we'll keep a spot open for you at Duke's.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true, I still count myself fortunate to be driving americas 2nd best sports car. I plan on posting the differences between the 2 cars on the corvette forum, should be a fun read on the responses!:lmao::2tu:

Sorry to hear of the sale of the Viper, but gotta do what's best for YOU. As far as comparisons go? We've had Z06's, Corvette 427, and our recent purchase. IN NO WAY do any of them compare to the RAW BRUTE-ness of the VIPER...the Viper is a TRUE drivers' car, and nothing comes close to that feeling that YOU are in total control! BUT, also, we love the Corvette for what it IS...a great-handling, high-performance daily driver. Viper FEVER...you've been bitten, you can never be cured.
:drive::drive::drive: ~juli

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently having our other home for sale (a year later) and priced 80K below what we paid two years ago, I feel your pain. This market stinks.. :rain:

As mentioned, you'll be back bigger and better in the near future I'm sure. You gotta do what you gotta do. Best of luck to you.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the RAW BRUTE-ness of the VIPER...the Viper is a TRUE drivers' car, .... YOU are in total control!... Viper FEVER...you've been bitten, you can never be cured.

Well said!

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As one of the last remaining mortgage brokers in my area I feel your pain!:mad: I could not believe that I had to let mine go last fall. Now I can not believe that I am polishing up my resume.

The Viper sort of ruins you for other cars. Nothing else will ever match up for performance and looks.

I hear you. I've been in the mortgage industry for almost 13 years, I never thought I would loose a career? And your right, the Viper has ruined every other car at this point!:dunno:

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang in there Mike you'll be behind the wheel of a Viper in the near future. In the interim, we'll keep a spot open for you at Duke's.

Thanks Art, I appreciate it bro. I'm really going to miss the people, a GREAT GROUP! I appreciate everyones encouragement, it really does mean a lot. I'll still be trolling everyday, and will be leaving all of my Viper posters, pictures and signs up in the garage where the Vette is parked, is that sacralage?:lmao:

Thanks again guys, I feel a little less like a roach today!:usa:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Art, I appreciate it bro. I'm really going to miss the people, a GREAT GROUP! I appreciate everyones encouragement, it really does mean a lot. I'll still be trolling everyday, and will be leaving all of my Viper posters, pictures and signs up in the garage where the Vette is parked, is that sacralage?:lmao:
Thanks again guys, I feel a little less like a roach today!:usa:

No it's not sacrilege...heck, I WEAR my Viper apparel when driving the VETTE!!!
Just because my passion is FOR THE VIPER~! But yeah, I'll admit I like driving the paddle-shifting Vette as well~! It's different...and fun...but AGAIN, in no way comparing it to the VIPER. Stick around! ~juli

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Mike,

Thanks for the post - we'll miss you and Lena.

When the market starts to turn, just be ready - you'll do fine.

Dan

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances, it will get much better for you soon enough, and you will come back stronger than ever. Stay happy and safe.

Nothing wrong with a vette, my wife has one, no, it can't match the Viper in any capacity.
I know, I have both.

You and yours are more important than anything materialistic. Toys are toys, blood is blood, be most proud of what you have, and not what you bought or collected.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry you had to get rid of your snake, I loved the drop on it.

Anyways there worse things in life than a C6 lS3 with zo6 fenders (I love those fenders, totally transform the car!)

Enjoy the vette, and you will be back in Viperland in no time!

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Times are hard and many need to leave the Viper behind. Rest assured the passion within this group will remain when you return. Good luck.

OP
OP

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances, it will get much better for you soon enough, and you will come back stronger than ever. Stay happy and safe.

Nothing wrong with a vette, my wife has one, no, it can't match the Viper in any capacity.
I know, I have both.

You and yours are more important than anything materialistic. Toys are toys, blood is blood, be most proud of what you have, and not what you bought or collected.

Very true.:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4