Were all 97 blue GTS built with white stripes?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All 97 GTS that were blue, and had white stripes. It was an extra-cost unless you got it as a 1996 un-built carry over.

ONE dtripe-less all-blu 97 RT10 was built.... for a friend of Chrysler Prez Jim Holden.

OP
OP
KyViper

KyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB, so all 97 Blue GTS were delivered with white stripes. Is this true on the 96 as well. Sorry for the detailed questioning, but I interested in purchasing one. I have come accross a Blue 96 that has no stripes. Is it a repaint or were they (GTS) availiable in 96 without stripes. If so any idea on build numbers.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB, so all 97 Blue GTS were delivered with white stripes. Is this true on the 96 as well. Sorry for the detailed questioning, but I interested in purchasing one. I have come accross a Blue 96 that has no stripes. Is it a repaint or were they (GTS) availiable in 96 without stripes. If so any idea on build numbers.

Repaint. :)

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's an interesting question - when I ordered my '97 I vaguely remember the dealer asking me if I wanted the stripes or not, and I remember thinking "what a dumb question". Now, looking back on it, I wonder if anyone was able to not order the stripes on a '97 and get it in solid blue. That would be one rare car. I think it would look stupid, but it'd be rare nonetheless.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last year of the TV Show "Viper" had a stripeless Blue GTS. Don't remember if it was a '96 or a '97.
+1 on the repaint.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Repaint. But from your question, I thought you were looking at a '97?:confused:

OP
OP
KyViper

KyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info. Just trying to be informed when I look around. I currently have a Red RT and would like to add another to an empty spot in my garage. The B/W, either 96 or 97 hands down is one of the best looking Vipers made. When I came accross the 96 that was all blue (no stripes) I was confused because I thought all the Blue's produced were with stripes.
The other day, I was targeting a deal on a B/W 97 that did'nt work out so I will keep looking.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The OE build number was ZERO....All 1996 and 1997 Factory-Blue GTSs were built with white stripes.

There were other color Vipers, and models, both years, but OEM BLUE GTS all came with white stripes 96-7. If you found a solid blue 96-97 GTS it has been repaint.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info. Just trying to be informed when I look around. I currently have a Red RT and would like to add another to an empty spot in my garage. The B/W, either 96 or 97 hands down is one of the best looking Vipers made. When I came accross the 96 that was all blue (no stripes) I was confused because I thought all the Blue's produced were with stripes.
The other day, I was targeting a deal on a B/W 97 that did'nt work out so I will keep looking.

Get the VIN number and see what color it was originally. I may not have even been blue when it was built. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth