What a deal from Luke@tirerack for club members only !!!

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may have seen this tire in the past but here is an incredible deal

335/35-17 Pilot Club Slick ..... $65.00 each

This is a closeout deal
rears only
no front sizes are available
you must speak to me directly to get this price

Luke
877-522-8473 ext. 362

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry but I dont know what club slicks are ?? Please anyone explain thanx
smile.gif

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club Slicks: a tire that michelin was making based on their european tire. It was suppose to be available to the Viper Challange Series sometime ago. Alot of racers that purchased this tire i think around 97 - 98 did not have good luck with them. No one knew what to expect not even michelin. I purchased a set and had really bad luck with them. After 1 session the cords were showing. i called michelin (Oscar Pareze)(spelling) would not return my calls. I was of course asking for a refund.
This is only my view of the tire.....Unless they are a different tire now i'd stay away from them. Unless Luke@tirerack wants to give me a set to test this weekend at Summit Point.

OP
OP
L

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the scoop ...

The Pilot Club Slick was developed by Michelin with Dodge for the Viper Series but, The Dodge engineers' desire to maintain the understeer in the car left Michelin no choice but, to offer only OE sizes. The resulting understeer would cause the fronts to overheat and wear much more rapidly than the rears which would create even more understeer and poor handling. Several people were able to get 335's on all 4 corners and that seemed to work well. It would have been more readily accepted if a 315/35-17 were made available. It is a unique tread compound and will offer better grip than a standard street tire compound

SlayTay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the club slicks compatible with the Michellin Pilot xtz4's that I have on the front? What is the tread wear rating?
Thanks for your help,
Taylor

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Club Slicks worked quite well if you could adjust your driving style to them quickly enough. They didn't have a lot of sidewall support, so you couldn't lean on the fronts like an R1, Hoosier, or MXX3. The key was to turn in, trail brake to rotate the car and throttle steer out with minimal steering input. They liked a good bit of camber, but it was easy to go too far, or not enough. The only full set I had got me 9 track sessions on the fronts and the rears were still good. However, they were nearly 2 seconds slower than Hoosiers. Probably make good drag tires, though - 13" wide, soft sidewalls and soft tread. Air pressure is critical.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave