What are the best Exhaust Tips for stock exhaust?

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which exhaust tips to you think are the best.

Look the best, hold up to heat and don't protrude too much or look silly.

I am not looking to buy a catback just want the stock exhaust to look better, it blends in too much at the moment.

Thank you!

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have lots of them to investigate.

Keep them coming guys thanks!

USMCLY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the amount you are going to spend on tips about 375 for no gain in any aspect you could just get the mopar exhaust for 600 and get some gain in power and sound and heat reduction.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the amount you are going to spend on tips about 375 for no gain in any aspect you could just get the mopar exhaust for 600 and get some gain in power and sound and heat reduction.

Thank you so much for the advice.

I would never pay $375 for the tips. The ones I've seen don't even look that great. I could fabricate something myself that would look good for hardly any money.

Does the exhaust reduce heat by no longer connecting the two sides of the engine? So it would sound like 2 5 cylinder engines?

Thanks!

USMCLY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you are a GEN 3 then by getting rid of the x pipe under the seat you would reduce alot of the cabin heat. With a better flowing exhaust the heat gets pushed out better then having a restricted. I went ahead and had a custom exhaust done. They also cut the secondary cats off and welded in a magnaflow exhaust. It reduced the cabin temp alot and i mean it was a night and day different. It also cooled down the side panels to the point where i could touch it and not get burned. I also had it dynoed and picked up 20hp and 25ftq.

It sounds the same but louder and gives it a nice rumble. It all depends on how you do the exhaust. Keeping 4 cats it will be more quiet but increases cabin temp.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is another option on the cheap: http://www.theviperstore.com/Viper3_Products_Exterior_Appearance_Exhaust_Tips&Trim.htm

My first Viper had this installed when I bought it with the stock tips to keep the crossover in place. Up close, it's obviously just a trim ring...a little farther away and it looks like a larger tip. I honestly don't see a reason not to just spend the cash for a catback and get better sound, less heat and good looking tips anyways

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I dont want to mod the car performance wise right now. Just came from a vette with every mod and Im over the performance thing. Like the quiet exhaust and a catback isnt going to get me my speed fix, more like a SC or TT or nitrous and im not going there.

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I dont want to mod the car performance wise right now. Just came from a vette with every mod and Im over the performance thing. Like the quiet exhaust and a catback isnt going to get me my speed fix, more like a SC or TT or nitrous and im not going there.

:smirk: boring

USMCLY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Even if you don't care for performance, just swapping the exhaust has more gains in heat reduction, looks and sound. It would not be as loud as you are thinking.

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really don't see why u don't just put a cat-back on like most of us do. The viper is ridiculously quiet stock! I have a corsa car-back on mine and that is how they should sound stock. IMO...
Plus If I remember right u have a CE viper...? So the white will fade and turn yellow if u don't replace the cat-back.

Keep it simple like I am doing and just do cat-back and k and n intake set up.

I just sold my S/C viper and yeah having lots of power is fun and all but with my convertible CE I'm keeping it simple and tastefully fun!

F

FrgMstr

I am putting on Belanger headers, HF Cats, and will be running a 2.5" straight pipe system here around Christmas. I have looked for days to find stock-ish Viper tips for a reasonable price, but I have found nothing. I am simple going to able cut a 45 degree elbow and paint it black.

pdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't see why u don't just put a cat-back on like most of us do. The viper is ridiculously quiet stock! I have a corsa car-back on mine and that is how they should sound stock. IMO...
Plus If I remember right u have a CE viper...? So the white will fade and turn yellow if u don't replace the cat-back.

Keep it simple like I am doing and just do cat-back and k and n intake set up.

I just sold my S/C viper and yeah having lots of power is fun and all but with my convertible CE I'm keeping it simple and tastefully fun!

It's true, I have already got some "marshmallow"ing on my passenger side sill!

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am putting on Belanger headers, HF Cats, and will be running a 2.5" straight pipe system here around Christmas. I have looked for days to find stock-ish Viper tips for a reasonable price, but I have found nothing. I am simple going to able cut a 45 degree elbow and paint it black.

Why not just use your OEM exhaust tip/hanger? The slip fit joint on it would accept your 2.5" straight pipe without any modification.

F

FrgMstr

Why not just use your OEM exhaust tip/hanger? The slip fit joint on it would accept your 2.5" straight pipe without any modification.

Yeah, I thought of that, but I sold them to a guy that needed some cat backs and did not have a bunch of cash for aftermarket.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not thermal wrap or thermal coat the stock catback to avoid the yellowing on the sills and to keep the heat in the exhaust rather than the cabin?

Has anyone done this? I honestly like the exhaust note of the stock exhaust. If I want it louder I turn off the radio, roll the windows down and floor it. I have had loud cars, I'm over it for now, but each to his own...I had the same mind set as you guys a few years ago and thought others were crazy for not modding their car. This is by far the nicest and cleanest car I have owned, so I'm propelled to leave it alone.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as the exhaust is stainless steel, this should work. Thermal wrap can trap moisture. The only problem may be the actual exit point, thermal wrap will contain the heat in the exhaust but the heat will have to exit.
Why not thermal wrap or thermal coat the stock catback to avoid the yellowing on the sills and to keep the heat in the exhaust rather than the cabin?

Has anyone done this? I honestly like the exhaust note of the stock exhaust. If I want it louder I turn off the radio, roll the windows down and floor it. I have had loud cars, I'm over it for now, but each to his own...I had the same mind set as you guys a few years ago and thought others were crazy for not modding their car. This is by far the nicest and cleanest car I have owned, so I'm propelled to leave it alone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets