What are the best replacement tires for an 02 RT/10?

jbs45

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard the "night and day difference" stories when replacing the stock tires for the first time on our Vipers. In your opinion, what are the best tires to replace them with? I don't plan on doing any heavy drag racing, but I would like better handling and less fish-tailing in 1st gear! :)

GTSNRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pirelli p zero rosso is a far superior tire IMO than the pilot sports. Either should work well for what you're going for.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the diff in price and who has the best "deals"?

Do both brands "age" about the same?

Thanks

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure that they age at the same time. As for pricing, they are pretty close for fronts but the Pirellis usually run more on the rears if I recall correctly. Last time I checked they ran about $100 more a tire for rears. Try TIRERACK.COM for more details.

Also the thing is that Pirellis are not widely available like the Pilots since very few people carry them because of the price. If you check eBay, almost always they are the Pilots. GOOD LUCK

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks

I remember that years ago there was something about Michelins using more natural rubber or carbon black or something in their tires that made them different then that of the other manufacturers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper