What do you guys want to see in 08?

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am number 3 on Bill Pemberton's list for an 08. These are a few things I would like to see.

1. Drop the run craps. Lets go back to Non-runflats. The PS2 and a can of flat fix is good enough for me.
2. Drop some weight. About 150 pounds would be nice.
3. AT least 600 horses.
4. Better oiling system. Those that track their cars can chime in here.
5. Drop the cup holder. If I wanted a Vette I would buy one.
6. A refreshing of the styling. Does not need to be a total redo as I like the new Coupe but can stand to have some changes.

Chime in guys on what you would like to see!!!!

quick2tr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drop the weight, get it under 3000lbs.
Dry sump it.
Shorten the 5th and 6th gear ratios.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be buying my '08 when I can afford one, so around th year 2025, so lets go on and shoot for 1,500HP so it'll still be competitive when I buy it :)

But seriously:

1. Less weight
2. More power (600HP+)
3. Limited production

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
650 to 700hp and aggressive styling and drop the weight to 3100 to 3000.

And a price under $150K. :smirk:

I agree with you on that. If they go much above 100k. I think most will look elsewhere.

I think any manufactor would be hard press to build a car that has 700hp and under 3,000 pounds and still be at or rear $100K. It would be one HELL of a car that's for sure. I hope they go back to the agressive styling of the Gen II. :cool:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of the bean counters that want to mass produce a limited production car, and get someone like Carroll Shelby that knows fast, bad a$$ cars sell; and the fewer the better. Listen to the people that are going to buy the car, and not the ones that just want to make money.

Design it with an aggressive look on par with the Gen 1 and 2. I'm not saying it has to look like a earlier Viper, but it needs to evoke the same emotion. The Gen 3 handles, stops and accelerates better than its predecessors, but it lacks in the looks department. I'm starting to warm up to them, but $90K car shouldn't have to grow on you.

A little more horsepower, a little less weight and get some better tires. GM told the world about the new ZO6, and it did everything they said it would. The response from DC was chirping crickets. Hopefully something better slithers out at VOI9 that puts the Viper back on top.

MK2_Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the Gen III coupes are beautiful but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

How about re investing in teaching the dealers how to actually service them. This is not a sarcastic comment but true feedback.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car need to stay at or around the same price point. HP should be in the 550-650 range. Weight would be better if it were around 3,000-3,100 lbs. A lot of viper buyes buy it because of it's performance VALUE and still there is not another convertable that has even close to the same performance for the dollar. If the price climbs much people will consider other options, cheaper zo6, porsche turbo, and whatever else may be on the market a the time. Frankly if you look at what new SRT's are selling for the market has already told DCX that the car is overpriced(at sticker price), IMHO.

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Drop the run craps. Lets go back to Non-runflats. The PS2 and a can of flat fix is good enough for me.
3. AT least 600 horses.
The Michelin "run craps" will be returning for '08. The HP numbers are being kept very secretive but I would bet they are going to get at least 600 hp out of the new 8.4.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Gen III coupes are beautiful but I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

How about re investing in teaching the dealers how to actually service them. This is not a sarcastic comment but true feedback.

Very true as well. We need more people like Chuck Tator that know what the heck they are talking about.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be nice if DC would actually train their dealers about the Viper. Nearly every dealer I have spoken with recently had no idea of the various color choices that became available or even the wheel choices!

DC really needs to do a better job communicating with their dealers about the Viper.

And the dealers I spoke with are "Viper Dealers", they have techs and they sell more than a couple a year. It as just unbelieveable that I was teaching them about their product.

They didn't even know there was a Viper-only "sales brochure"! I taught them that too.

Each dealer that has sold an 06 Viper should have an automatic subscription for the GM or the GSM (general sales mgr) to the VCA VIPER Magazine as well as regular communications from DC directed to a "Viper only" type news vehicle (newsletter...)

-J

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1087gtsrconcept2.jpg

1087gtsrconcept3.jpg

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be nice if DC would actually train their dealers about the Viper. Nearly every dealer I have spoken with recently had no idea of the various color choices that became available or even the wheel choices!

DC really needs to do a better job communicating with their dealers about the Viper.

And the dealers I spoke with are "Viper Dealers", they have techs and they sell more than a couple a year. It as just unbelieveable that I was teaching them about their product.

They didn't even know there was a Viper-only "sales brochure"! I taught them that too.

Each dealer that has sold an 06 Viper should have an automatic subscription for the GM or the GSM (general sales mgr) to the VCA VIPER Magazine as well as regular communications from DC directed to a "Viper only" type news vehicle (newsletter...)

-J
I don't think a dealership should be allowed to sell a Viper unless it has a Vipertech in house, and they would not be allowed to serve only Vipers they sold... that's outrageous. :mad:

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper that appeals to the purists, minimalists and enthusiasts; doesn't exclude by price points the crossection of owners that currently exist; satisfies the bragging rights crowd in specifications with an $80K base price; does exclude the luxury performance buyer; is easy to modify for the supercar performance buyer that wants supercar performance under $150K; is attractive to aftermarket manufactures for research and development of affordable aftermarket performance and appearance items; released as a coupe and convertible at the same time; Black clearcoat available on first releases with no stripes; controversial styling, like Gen III is to Gen II is to Gen I; and based on a race bred platform designed to be a V-10 that is unique to Viper and not shared with the SL-xx or Firepower or whatever it's called.

I promise you if the Gen IV tries to attract a "new, untapped, all inclusive customer base" years from now it will be said the last true Viper was the 2006, just like the 1972 Corvette was the last true Corvette. Impossible you say, my answer is the 911 and the dedication of it's management to maintain its roots. Current base 911 $71,300.

I'd rather have the dealer base that exists today than a 76, 84, c5 or c6 Corvette, any year SL after 1958, Jaguar, Aston Martin, etc. performance luxury sports vehicle. Yeah, it may be challenging to owners but it is part of the mystique and breed of the beast. Owning a Viper should never be easy like having cruise control at 70 mph. If we can't figure out how to get it fixed, we shouldn't be allowed to own it.

Larry

ResumeSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...I promise you if the Gen IV tries to attract a "new, untapped, all inclusive customer base" years from now it will be said the last true Viper was the 2006...
Or perhaps 2008, said to be the last year of the Gen III?

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1. 650 HP (enough that GM or Ford cannot reliably supercharge their way to parity with small engine architectures)
2. Better Ergos - I'm 5'6" and the pedals and dead pedal need to be adjusted as far away as possible.)
3. Functional Roll Bar
4. Trunk Light (I drive my car as a car as well as a thrilling sports car)
5. Cruise Control (anti-ticket system during trips)
6. Keep Below $100K
7. Keep the full convertible - if there has to be only one style it should be a convertible.

My '04 will keep me happy for the rest of my life, so I'm not sure I'll be buying another one, but the above changes would keep the marque competitive for a long time....

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
650 HP +, 3100 lbs max , and aggressive like 2BADD 4U posting of concept vehichle. Must be under 100k with ZO6 $ Porsche out there.

PLEASE,NO MORE SPECIAL EDITIONS

Even the current raffle car Daimler Chrysler is too CHEAP to put on Perfomance Parts= CHEAP

I will not get another Viper unless it has the class leading POWER/WEIGHT Ratio and very Aggresive unique styling like GEN 1 & 2 did when they first were released.

John

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
limited production and I say keep the cup holder...makes for a good spot to keep your cell phone :O

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1. Keep the full convertible
2. Improve isolation of engine heat
3. Power top option for the convertible top
4. Cruise control - but only if implemented well (e.g. buttons on steering wheel like Mustang). We don't want it on a stick Chevy Corvette style. That is useless IMHO.
5. Navigation with CD changer in the trunk as factory option. (And factory iPod connector as standard feature).

Peter

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I am number 3 on Bill Pemberton's list for an 08. These are a few things I would like to see.

2. Drop some weight. About 150 pounds would be nice.
3. AT least 600 horses.
4. Better oiling system. Those that track their cars can chime in here.
5. Drop the cup holder. If I wanted a Vette I would buy one.
6. A refreshing of the styling. Does not need to be a total redo as I like the new Coupe but can stand to have some changes.

Chime in guys on what you would like to see!!!!

I'll second that, and how bout a 72 degree V, instead of the lumpy-bumpy-V8-carry-over tooling 90 degree V that it has now? Variable intake and variable valve timing could help them get smog certified and still give us 700hp.

How about some forged pistons, so we can add boost later without so much fear of detonation?

How about some down force? Don't have to have a wing for that, just splitters and underbody ground effects.

How about optional carbon/ceramic brakes to save weight?

This is what I'd like to see, of course money is a mitigating factor, but some changes may not require too much $, like ground effects, and what about a 72 degree block? Does DC have the tooling to make a 72 degree block without busting out of the price points? The ceramic brakes could be optional, to keep the base price down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456