What does GTS stand for? That's what I asked her...

Reaction score
What does GTS stand for? That\'s what I asked her...

I was relaxing at home this evening (and thinking about my car like always) when I started thinking about the "GTS" letters and what they mean. I turned to my girlfriend and asked her what does GTS stand for? She paused and thought about for a second....... Then with no idea, she looked at me and said.....

"Go To Store"

I couldn't stop laughing......

She immediately turns and in a firm voice says "well, then what does it stand for?" I had to think quickly, because know I've heard it before but it wasn't able to recall. I said "Gran Turismo Sport", but that I wasn't 100% positive. So any of you know for sure what the GTS stands for? Thanks....

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Re: What does GTS stand for? That\'s what I asked her...

Ooooh boy, here we go again
You must be registered for see images

For what it's worth, my previous sports car was a 619 RWHP Supra. I got seriously interested in a Viper after taking my Supra to Laguna Seca racetrack and watching a stock Viper GTS turn in laptimes 5 seconds faster than mine. The combination of lighter weight, wider tires, and linear powerband was enough to make up for the 200 RWHP deficit the Viper was spotting me.

It was, however, fun to catch a different Viper coming out of turn 11 and blast past him up the front straight. Definitely not what he expected to happen

Cheers,
Ben
Former owner, '97 Supra turbo, 619 RWHP, http://www.treynor.com/Supra.htm
Current owner, '00 BMW M5, 335 RWHP and climbing
T minus 6 hours owner, '01 Viper RT/10

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

GTS,hmmmmm.....

Great Tire Smoker
Gobs of Torque over Supras
Girls Think it's ****
Generates Terrific Sex-Appeal
Gigantic Thunder Snake
Given To Speed
Goes The SpeedofSpound

Reaction score

Hey James Chris of Kansas City VCA a.k.a. Y2KGTS is hanging around somewhere. His motor is at Arrow also.

Steve Theodore

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I road race my Supra and am looking forward to sharing the track with a Viper GTS or two to see how I stack up.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Hodel:
...BTW, why don't I see Supras at road course events? I've been running at track days for years and have seen only one Supra. Are the high horsepower modded Supras more for drag racing?

Jim

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Great Til it Snows!

(and NJ is expecting 18 inches tomorrow!)

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ktrends, I did not find anything wrong with your posts although some of the members on this board do not like discussions of other cars. Also, Supras are kind of a sore subject because of too many flame style posts from Supra owners who come over here with an attitude.

It looks like the 'Off Topic' section will be OK for non-Viper related discussions, although a comparison on Supras and Vipers seeems Viper related to me....

BTW, why don't I see Supras at road course events? I've been running at track days for years and have seen only one Supra. Are the high horsepower modded Supras more for drag racing?

Jim

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ktrends -
Although I am no Supra fan, I thought your post was just a friendly jab and not nearly as bad as some more "Viper-related" rants I have seen. However, I'm not the one spending my free time moderating the Board, so my opinion on acceptable content probably doesn't mean that much. Personally, I think the VCA moderators could stand to take a few tips from the Corvette forum moderators on when to pull the plug and when to let a friendly car-guy discussion go (just waiting for the response "Well, why don't you go over to the Corvette forum then!"

BTW - how is "What do you all do for a living" Viper-related??????????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62