What does it take to get a SRT10 to 500RWHP?

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you guys dynoing stock and what mods will take to 500RWHP besides Nitrous/Blower/turbo??

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers/cats/mufflers can get you around 460-470 rwhp. Perhaps just doing heads and roller rockers without changing the cam would get you to 500. If you swap the cam, you will be over 500 rwhp.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperJohn is right on the mark. Also reworking the air intake will also get you some more gains. But for some free HP shead some sprung and unsprung weight off of the viper as less weight equals free HP. The stock OEM wheels and run flats are very heavy to start with. So are the stock cats, mufflers, and crossover. I shed over 165 lbs on my viper by replacing these items with lighter better parts.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saved 54 lbs with Pilot Sport Cups and SSR wheels. I also did the exhaust but do not see 110 lbs in exhaust savings. Yours must have been lined with lead. I think 80 or so lb savings with that combo is more likely.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saved 54 lbs with Pilot Sport Cups and SSR wheels. I also did the exhaust but do not see 110 lbs in exhaust savings. Yours must have been lined with lead. I think 80 or so lb savings with that combo is more likely.

My scale was more optimistic :cool: . I knocked off 72 lbs going to SSRs and Sport Cups. In addition to a very noticeable performance gain, you get a fringe benefit... better handling and braking.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To Mopar426,
First of all, what year Viper do you have? Makes a difference.
We have the '05 SRT-10 Convertible, stocked out at 425rwhp, with mods including Corsa Track Cat Back Exhaust, VECII Computer finely tuned (richened conservatively for now to 3500rpm), flow thru cats, 'green filters' (found them better than K&N, but others differ, everyone's car is different), stepped headers...470hp (45hp gain), 515lbs torque. You can certainly do more, which we may do, but this is fine for us for now, we don't run the track, just street. Roe Racing is still working on the supercharger (next year, development set for winter of '06) for the 03-06 Vipers, so that is not available yet. As the others said, cams, heads...possibly changing the rear end won't add HP, but will give you that OOMPH outta the hole~~! Good luck....juli & mike
:2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To Mopar426:
I have to apologize, my last post (11/15/06) misstated our final HP, we ended up with 484rwhp, 535torque with the mods I posted. I mentioned what year your Viper is, as if you have before an '03, you can get a Roe supercharger. There's always the Paxton superchargers, but we are not happy with the changes you have to make with that one, we are waiting on the Roe...hence our changes to accommodate the supercharger when available (2007 hopefully). juli

SD SRT Coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an 06 coupe with long tubes, 3 inch cats, 3 inch corsa track, and green filters. I dynoed 495 hp with the stock tune. If had the car tuned it would exceed 500. However, from what I understand my car is stronger than average.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
WOW!! :shocked: :shocked:

:2tu:

I have an 06 coupe with long tubes, 3 inch cats, 3 inch corsa track, and green filters. I dynoed 495 hp with the stock tune. If had the car tuned it would exceed 500. However, from what I understand my car is stronger than average.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth