What goes on at VOI?

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never been to a VOI, what would be a typical schedule of events? How many people attend? How many cars were there last year(expect this year). When is the date to start getting reservations for event & for hotel?

Thanks
Andy

OP
OP
AJT

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, Sounds like my old fraternity.. I hope I don't have to do any of the same sh_t!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, besides the secret handshakes, here is what the projected schedule was for Nashville last time (too lazy to hunt down the final schedule):

WEDNESDAY
8 AM - 5 PM: Drag Racing at a separate location
4 PM - 8 PM: Early-bird Event Registration

THURSDAY
8 AM - 5 PM: Event registration
Noon: Viper Parade through downtown (closed off all the parade route roads, including the interstate highways and side roads for this - it was COOL!!)
5:00 PM: "Webhead" gathering for VCA site posters
6:30 PM - 8 PM: Opening Night welcome dinner & cocktails
8 PM - 11 PM: Memorabilia showcase open (Viper vendors & goodies galore!)

FRIDAY*
6:30 AM - 8 AM: Full breakfast provided
8:00 AM: Group panoramic photo (1/2 of attendees)
9:30 AM - 1 PM: Scenic Road Rally with lunch and routes provided with special prizes along the route (kind of like a poker run). Usually 30-40 miles roundtrip.
Noon - 6 PM: Memorabilia showcase open
3 PM - 5 PM: Technical roundtable with PVO - lots of Q&A with Chrysler folks!
6:30 PM - 10 PM (or later): Private buses will take you to a private bar or similar gathering for buffet-style food and LOTS of drinking and dancing. SERIOUS partying with a designated driver.

SATURDAY*
6 AM - 7:30 AM: Group departs for track
6:30 AM - 8 AM: Continental breakfast at track
7:45 AM - 4:45 PM: Shuttle buses to and from track as needed
8:30 AM - 11:30 AM: Driving activities at Superspeedway including skidpad demos (using specially prepared Skip Barber Dakota trucks), offroad course (Durangos, Dakotas, and Rams) and the ROAD COURSE for Vipers with Skip Barber instructors (used a good portion of the high speed oval feeding to an inside road course).
11 AM - 1:30 PM: Lunch
1:30 PM - 4:30 PM: Autocross on two different courses: One for Vipers and one for factory prepared Dodge Neons (both are a riot).
4:45 PM: Driving activities end
6:30 PM - 7:15 PM: Dodge Night Reception (open bar) and ceremonial "signing of the hoods" - actual Viper hoods signed by all attendees and displayed in Detroit at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant.
7:15 PM - 9 PM: Dodge Night Dinner and awards (autocross, etc.)
9 PM - 10:30 PM: Big name entertainment (usually a comedian and a band)

SUNDAY - OPEN DAY FOR ALL ATTENDEES
8:30 AM - 10:30 AM: Full breakfast
9:30 AM - 4:00 PM: Shuttles to and from Superspeedway
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM: Open day options including: Superspeedway road course (all you can eat), autocross (ditto), skidpad and offroad driving, etc. You can also do memorabilia shopping at the track all day long (great for those souvenir T-shirts), special spouse activity (can't remember what this was), or just hang around the hotel and BS with all your new friends.
11:30 AM - 1:30 PM: Lunch at the track
5:00 PM: Nothing formal, however some regional clubs get together, and at Nashville I believe they had a VERY large BBQ with the Tennessee VCA.

MONDAY
Depart for home OR
Viper Days event at Superspeedway (cost not included with VOI)

TUESDAY
Viper Days at Superspeedway (cost not included with VOI)

Whew! Now, the "*" indicates this: The attendees are usually broken up into FOUR different groups. On one day (Friday or Saturday), two groups will do the scenic cruise together, while the other two groups will alternate between the track activities and the autocross activities. So groups A & B might be on the cruise, while group C is at the track and group D is doing the autocrosses. In other words, you will alternate the events depending on which group you are in. Hint: They generally try to keep the regional clubs in the same groups.

Want to see some great pictures of many of these various events? Try here:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=VOI8&Number=364128

Hope this helps and hope to see you there. It is AWESOME!!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yeah, and some other answers: I expect it will again be between $500 and $700 per person (NOT per car), including all meals, track events, open bars, shuttle buses, private guarded parking, rally prizes, "goodie bag", hood signing, entertainment, Skip Barber instructors, etc.

The hotel (The Gaylord Texan) officially opens on April 2nd (brand new hotel). While you could immediately book the presidential suite (and somebody will), most wait for Dodge, usually through the VCA, to announce the event rates which are generally negotiated lower than the typical rack rate (regular hotel rate). The hotel usually won't sell out until a month or so before the event. Usually.

I would expect somewhere between 600 and 800 cars, with double that number for people. The parking lots are GREAT, as you get to see all these gorgeous cars (along with the Stratomaro2000's ;) ) parked in one place. It is worth the price of admission all by itself.

I would expect some the "official" word to come out in March sometime. Just my very uneducated guess. The later you book, the harder it is to cancel and get a refund. Can't remember the exact policy, but I think that was how it worked last time. I would say booking anytime between April and July should be pretty safe.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
AJT

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Y2K3SRT,
Great info, thanks for taking the time to post all that. Stratomaro, LMAO!
Sounds like a lot of fun, I'll see you there. It's too close to pass up for me!

Andy

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the last one the owners actually drank more in one night at the Saloon than anticipated, and the bar was out of almost everything! Mucho drinking for sure!

OP
OP
AJT

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess this is where the college drinking skills will come into play! See mom I did learn something in college!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
yeehaw. gotta get there. maybe we can have groups by color? Those yellows...

I'm not sure if I like that I idea.. That would put me somewhere between a suite with the reds and a cot in the boiler room...

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who have neither the time, nor the patience to read the novels Y2KGTS or rather, the new and improved Y2K3SRT-C3P0 posted...Here's the cliff notes:

1. Windbreakers kissing DC's and each other's ass 24/7.

2. For the rest of us, it's going to be a drunken debotchery, borderlining on hedonism. There will handcuffs involved, no doubt...yet hopefully no cops...

3. At a minimum, you must maintain a BAC of 0.98 for three days and two nights...that is the minimum, there is no maximum...no easy task, I recommend Champagne and OJ with breakfast!

4. I predict there will be more pictures taken of Bonker's GTS than any other Viper attending...

PS: Chris, you know I'm just messin with ya! :2tu:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the new and improved Y2K3SRT-C3P0

And don't you forget it, Princess LayMe. I am fully expecting that you personally will be funding 0.70 of my 0.98 BAC throughout the duration. Everybody knows that you Kalifornians can buy everybody in the state of Kansas with the change in your sofa...

:2tu:

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So said Y2K3SRT-C3P0

I am fully expecting that you personally will be funding 0.70 of my 0.98 BAC throughout the duration.

Chris,

Rest assured, I'll be buyin ya a cocktail, or twelve...and that will just be at breakfast! :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave