What is a fair asking price by a dealer for 2008 SRT Viper?

Razorface43

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello. I have previously owned 2 Vipers within the past six years. I am considering purchasing a 2008 SRT Venom Red Viper with 12,000 miles. The original radio has been replaced by an after market brand. And, It has the H-wheels that I love. The asking price I feel is quite high compared to what I paid for my other two Vipers. This car is being sold by a dealer and the photos of it look great. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions of what a fair price would be before I get serious about making a formal offer. It is being sold out of MO, so if anyone has any known history of the vehicle then I would love a head's up if there are any issues. Thanks!

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are a lot of variables though such as condition, miles, mods, etc. so it really hard to put a number on something unless the specifics are known.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it a Dodge dealer? As stated above too many variables to determine a price but I would rather buy from a private owner than a stealership.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure! I just had someone check out an '08 Vert at a Porsche dealer, who I would think would represent the car better than some others, but the salesman told he did not see any scratches, scrapes, etc.; however, the person who looked at it found all of those things (very obvious) as well as on the wheels.

1Of3 09ACRs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Middle $70s to middle $80s. But again based on overall wear and tear. And of course look very closely under the hood. The engine bay always tells the true story of how well the car has been taken care of.

I once hauled a Gen IV ACR to Bernie Katz that he had bought "sight unseen" and asked me to pick it up in Leawood Kansas. In the photos it looked pretty good but when we popped the hood and looked close we found traces of body shop dust. Ugh... Bernie was not happy to say the least.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkebp1275