What is faster SRT or ACR?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely. My calculations are 11.8 and 127 mph in the quarter and 203 mph top speed.

Going to be fun!!!
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
BURNOUT.gif
biggrin.gif

Tenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also curious how the SRT will fare vs. its corporate cousin the SL55. Gotta pull for the Dodge here as it'd be a bit of a shame to be embarrassed by your dentist's wife at a stoplight.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess is to add .3 sec and 4 MPH to what a stock ACR does and that's what the Gen III will do. The actual 1/4 numbers will be all over the place, mainly due to the driver.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the numbers will NOT tell the whole story. This is not going to be like 'adding 40hp to an ACR'.

-The SRT is significantly lighter.
-The SRT has a revised suspension (like the GTS did over the RT/10)
-The SRT has new tires, like the GTS did over the RT/10
-The SRT has 75hp more (I know they say 'at least 500', but it'll be 75
-The SRT is way WAY more aerodynamic, like the GTS was over the RT/10

How much faster is a GTS than a Gen I RT/10? I'd say it's a good 1/2 second difference and 5mph in trap speed. I think the SRT will be the same advance over the GTS, if not a little more... so I would expect the SRT to be running mid-high 11's at around 125mph bone stock. I think it will be as much faster than an ACR than the ACR is over a GenI RT/10.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My calculations above assumed 520 bhp and 525 ft-lbs. That is 60 hp more than the ACR. Let's wait and see what the final hp and torque numbers will be
smile.gif

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No its going to be like adding 60hp and I think on average you will be looking at .5 in et and 5 mph in the quarter that is usually how it works. A good comparison would the gen1 car to the gen 2 car that was only 50 hp also and was easily 6 or 7 mph in the quarter and half second, so that is what I would think you should expect with the new car.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doubt that the SRT will be .5 sec faster than a Gen 2. Just take a Gen 2 with Headers/exhaust/filters(non creampuff) it will make about 450-460 rwhp right? Take it to the track and you will maybe gain 2-3 tenths if you are lucky. Traction becomes more and more difficult with the increase in power.

Maybe with Slicks the SRT will be more capable, and besides everyone is forgetting another very crucial power figure: TORQUE. The SRT is only rated at 10 more pounds of torque, while the Gen 2's were 40 more than Gen 1. And for 1/4 mile acceleration I will take torque over hp any day.

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Russ M:
Doubt that the SRT will be .5 sec faster than a Gen 2. Just take a Gen 2 with Headers/exhaust/filters(non creampuff) it will make about 450-460 rwhp right? Take it to the track and you will maybe gain 2-3 tenths if you are lucky. Traction becomes more and more difficult with the increase in power.

Maybe with Slicks the SRT will be more capable, and besides everyone is forgetting another very crucial power figure: TORQUE. The SRT is only rated at 10 more pounds of torque, while the Gen 2's were 40 more than Gen 1. And for 1/4 mile acceleration I will take torque over hp any day.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus you can't take a vet to the track. Will SRT have a roll bar?

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just look at it this way. would an acr with more than 40 H.P. more, lighter weight, more torque be faster tahn a stock acr? Sure it would be, the SRT-10 is going to be a high 11 car on a slow day.

Craig

dancojax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!
You can take your Vette to the track at Viperdays events.
Bring it, and we will see whether the Gen I; Gen II; or SRT-10 will do better.
I know we won't know about the SRT-10 until 2003, but bring your Vette out now and learn how to drive it.
We don't bite -- and we love you.
P.S. I have a Viper coupe, but it only has 1 top. How did you get 2 with a Vette coupe?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ,

I think you are wrong on this issue. The SRT is not comparable to a GTS or ACR with more power, because the weight it totally different, it has new tires, a redesigned suspension, etc, etc. The Gen I RT/10 dynoes the same or better than the GTS in torque, in my experience - NO WAY is there a 50lb-ft difference. Also, torque and HP are exactly the same thing - but if you make TQ higherup in the RPM band, that equals more power. You need both to give a good 1/4 time, but usually cars with lots of TQ and not enough HP are tire-smoking machines that run out of breath too early and need to be shifted more - just like the GenI RT/10.

A 460RWHP ACR is *not* going to hang with a bone stock SRT IMO - just like a 400RWHP RT/10 doesn't hang with a bone stock GTS.

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dancojax:
YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!
You can take your Vette to the track at Viperdays events.
Bring it, and we will see whether the Gen I; Gen II; or SRT-10 will do better.
I know we won't know about the SRT-10 until 2003, but bring your Vette out now and learn how to drive it.
We don't bite -- and we love you.
P.S. I have a Viper coupe, but it only has 1 top. How did you get 2 with a Vette coupe?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been to the track many times with the Vette. What mean that SRT is a convertible and some clubs will not let that car on the track.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Craig - you got my point.

My point is that if you modify a GenI RT/10 to the 400RWHP level (same as a bone stock GTS) it's not going to hang with the GTS - that is based on my experience. Also, based on my experience at the dyno, there is NO WAY a 50lb-ft difference between a GenI RT/10 and a GenII GTS or RT/10. It simply isn't there.

Yes, we will have to wait until the cars are released before we know the whole story, but if you think putting headers and exhaust on an ACR is going to make it hang with an SRT - I think you're nuts.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

The weight difference is negligible, besides until the SRT specs are completly disclosed we do not know what actual weight is going to be.

"A 460RWHP ACR is *not* going to hang with a bone stock SRT IMO - just like a 400RWHP RT/10 doesn't hang with a bone stock GTS."

Are you saying that a gen 2 RT/10 cant hang with a gen 2 GTS in the 1/4 mile?

These speculations are pointless, when the SRT is available for testing we will all know what the true story is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456