What to do with stock exhaust?

Venum S 1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Should I take and throw my stock exhaust away from my 2000 GTS? It takes up a lot of space and was just wondering if anyone keeps theirs or just junks them.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I keep them stored in the garage attic...never know when they may be needed...such as changing laws, or next owner.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep all your stock stuff if you can because it's worth more to the next buyer if you decide to sell it later. Remeber, if it's not on it, it needs to be in it (so to speak). Otherwise ebay them, you would get something for them I'm sure.

You might check with JonB or some of the other vendors what the value of them is, so you can list em in the right price range.

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see factory exhaust systems on ebay pretty frequently. Usually the buyer, if there is one, will pay more in shipping than for the product. Boat anchors...

Like was said, store it if you have the room. Someday there will be more purists than parts and it will be worth a fortune.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The cats themselves - minus the rest of the anchor - will typically sell better than the rest of the system as car parts. Sometimes people need them for returning a car to smog legal status as Indy Steve pointed out above.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venum S 1: You are a Viper Owner and still listed as enthusiast!! Private Message your VIN# to lee00blacksilvergts or kcobean...get yourself UPGRADED to VIPER OWNER!!!
We kept our stock exhaust from our '05 when we added the Corsa. Actually, the crossover truly is a 'work of art'...not feasible IN the Viper...but makes for nice artwork~! ~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought to a New Yorker, furniture WAS art? Hence, the catback couch, crossover chair...

WHATCHOOTALKINGBOUT??? :dunno::dunno:
I never said furniture was art. The VIPER and the crossover exhaust I've called 'works of art'...can hang ONE on the garage wall, and DRIVE the other work of art.
You be talkin' redneck, twould seem, COWBOY~~~~julibelovinworksofart
(READ THAT, DAVE!!! S-L-O-W-L-Y...:rolaugh::lmao:)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw that worthless exhaust out, no one is ever going to want to buy it. You will never put it back on, ever. If you are day dreaming your car is going to be a super valuable collector car someday but the missing stock exhaust will be the reason it doesn't sell for more at Barett-Jackson....you need to drink less. They have virtually no value here or on Ebay.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sooooooooooooooo, folks, send your old exhaust to Juli for storage!!! :rolaugh:

No thank you!~! :smirk: We are DE-lighted now with the '08, we do NOT have the crossover to have to swap out~!!! :2tu::2tu: (The crossover exhaust went to the fella who bought our '05) And, our '08 is staying stock...doesn't need anything, and we don't have time anyway. ~juli

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saved mine because it adds ambiance to my garage......kinda like all the sheep skins tossed teasingly around my bedroom.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can send it to me...I'm trying to collect as many as I can because I want to build an Iron Man suit of the metal.

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Throw that worthless exhaust out, no one is ever going to want to buy it. You will never put it back on, ever. If you are day dreaming your car is going to be a super valuable collector car someday but the missing stock exhaust will be the reason it doesn't sell for more at Barett-Jackson....you need to drink less. They have virtually no value here or on Ebay.
So your saying restoring one to original condition or having the original parts that go with the car is a useless effort because our Vipers will be worthless or less valuable in the future amyway? Well lets just crush them all as well as all the muscle cars past and present then, cuz we are all dreaming. :rolleyes: I'll just hang on to mine thank you ;)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always been under the impression that original and or original parts restored cars are WORTH MORE than those that are not. :dunno: I must be reading and watching different auctions than you are, but then again there are three BJ auctions.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
After tody's announcement of "National standards" for future new car fuel and emissions...who knows what they will dream up for modified cars. Remember the "stock only exhaust" bill that was forunately defeated in Illinois about a year ago??

Yep...I'm keeping our stock parts!!!! :)

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venum, never trash the stock parts. Do you have any idea what stock exhaust manifolds, air cleaners cost for an original Hemi Cuda? I wish I kept some of tthe parts from the old days. Call John B, he might be a buyer. Good luck. Save all the attaching hardware too, and label it.

DVSGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I chucked my catback. Took up too much room, and wasn't in mint condition anyway...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your saying restoring one to original condition or having the original parts that go with the car is a useless effort because our Vipers will be worthless or less valuable in the future amyway? Well lets just crush them all as well as all the muscle cars past and present then, cuz we are all dreaming. :rolleyes: I'll just hang on to mine thank you ;)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've always been under the impression that original and or original parts restored cars are WORTH MORE than those that are not. :dunno: I must be reading and watching different auctions than you are, but then again there are three BJ auctions.

No, that's not what I'm saying newbie.
I'm saying if you think that your Viper is someday going to be worth a fortune, your wrong. If you think you are driving around in your retirement nest egg, your an idiot. They made too many. What's a nice '92 worth now (17 years later), under 20K? Well things might change 50 years from now. And whether it has a stock exhaust, or a much better aftermarket exhaust is not going to be the deciding factor on it's value. If it's that important to restore the car to you, you'll be able to pick one up for peanuts from the other thousand guys who have them in their basement too waiting for their "payday"..

Vipers are bringing BIG money at BJ auctions aren't they?
If you pay attention, they are an embarrassment at auction.
Call me in 50 years...:lmao:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets