What would u do?

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Basically, sold both of my rear quarters. However, sent the wrong sides to the wrong party. I know...idiot me :crazy2: Finally, the two parties eventually got the right side after some extra shipping involved...at my cost. But now, one of the parties claimed that they received the panel in damaged condition and wants a refund. I KNOW my panels were in pristine condition before leaving my hands. Unfortunately, I have a terrible conscience & I'm always looking to do the right thing...no matter what. I truly believe in karma. So what would my fellow viper owners do in this case? All inputs are much appreciated ;)

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what I always tell my daughters...
Do to others as you want done to you....

I believe in Karma also.....

Joe

V

Venomiss

Do they want to keep the panel and get a refund? Or do you get the panel back?
The final question-didn't anyone insure the panel?

Next time take pictures before sending out anything. Best document to have.

Get the panel back and then refund the money-or the other way around if you are comfortable with it.
Find out if it is covered by insurance of whoever sent it. Get a copy of billing from all parties.
If not , make it right and learn from this experience. He said-she said is not worth the hassle or headache to deal with. Good luck.

OP
OP
M

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the purchasing party was suppose to pay for their own ins? I also wondered if one of those party did a "switcheroo" on me & sent out their "damaged panel" instead of mine.

OP
OP
M

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do they want to keep the panel and get a refund? Or do you get the panel back?
The final question-didn't anyone insure the panel?

Next time take pictures before sending out anything. Best document to have.

Get the panel back and then refund the money-or the other way around if you are comfortable with it.
Find out if it is covered by insurance of whoever sent it. Get a copy of billing from all parties.
If not , make it right and learn from this experience. He said-she said is not worth the hassle or headache to deal with. Good luck.

Yes, I do have pics of them before they were sent out. What can I do with them?
No, I don't believed any ins was involved.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, unfortunately they did ship to each other. So I have no idea about its condition when they shipped it.

They should have had issurance... That is not your responsibility.

Joe

Since you screwed up, and I mean that respectfully, it is your responsibility to ensure the exchange went well. Including insurance. You should have insisted at your cost they ship them to each other that way.

If they both were shipped the second time in "good" condition, and one arrived damaged at it's final destination uninsured, then yeah, that's your bad. They did you a favor doing the shipping swap. They could have sent them back to you and said you screw with it.

Maybe you should have...

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) these panels are SMC or similar and are very hard to damage, ask for detailed pics, maybe offer to pay a little towards a repaint??
2) Jon B just bought a lot of stuff from ASC for pennies on the dollar see if he has a spare?

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you are the seller and shipper so its your responsibility and burden to ensure that the goods are received by the customer in the condition you described. If you purchased insurance, then the shipping company has to reimburse you up to the valued amount. If not, then your customer is due a full refund plus the shipping charges.

No liablity would exist on either of your customer's behalf because no contract of sale exists between them. Furthermore, it would be almost impossible to prove that they (and not the shipping company) damaged the goods.

OP
OP
M

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx for all the suggestions. It's currently being returned to me with a full refund. Oh well....live & let learn.

V

Venomiss

Rest assured you did the right thing and know what to put in place for next time.:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62