What would wheel diameter and offset would cause me to get a e-brake relocation kit?

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at this wheel company called modulare wheels. I'm interested in this wheel
You must be registered for see images attach

- I have 2 choices:

I prefer going with the stock sized wheels 18FR and 19R
However, I read that I would need the e-brake relocation kit if I get 18's like the OZ's or some 19's. What would cause me to have to get the relocation kit, Does the same apply for 19's with a lip?
What size/offset to get so that I'm almost flush with the fenders without rubbing and so I could use my stock tires and have a 3-4 inch lip?
What really ***** is I just bought new rear tires for my stock wheels.
what do I need to tell them they need to do for the stock size to work with this wheel is it offset related, lip related?

The other option is to go with bigger wheels

Bigger Size 19x10 and 20x13
Do I need to worry about the E-brake relocation if I go with these sizes?
If I was to go with 19x10 in front and 20x13 in the rear what offset would get me flush or almost flush to where I don't rub if I am lowered 1.25" on eibachs?

Last edited:

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What would wheel diameter and offset would cause me to get a e-brake relocation k

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you only need to do the e brake relocation if you are planning to put 18s in the rears...

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What would wheel diameter and offset would cause me to get a e-brake relocation k

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you only need to do the e brake relocation if you are planning to put 18s in the rears...
So 18's in the rear are the only ones that require the ebrake relocation kit?
I read somewhere that deep dish 19's had an issue but didn't understand why?
What about offsets what offsets are you guys running that give you a flush look?

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I thought it was an issue with running a 18 in the rear as well. Might want to shoot a PM to Andy (FLATOUT) or Tony (NineBall) just to confirm.

OP
OP
N

neo_rambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought it was an issue with running a 18 in the rear as well. Might want to shoot a PM to Andy (FLATOUT) or Tony (NineBall) just to confirm.
I sent them a Flatout a message to see if he could shed some light on this. I couldn't find Nineball in the PM new message area. Anyone know the offsets of the stock wheels?

JohnnyH

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I was to go with 19x10 in front and 20x13 in the rear what offset would get me flush or almost flush to where I don't rub if I am lowered 1.25" on eibachs?

I'm currently running 20x10 Pirelli 285/25/20 fronts and 21x13 Pirelli 375/20/21 rears lowered on KWs lower than 1.25" with no rub in the front or rear. My rear wheels do "poke" out just a little and I still do not have rubbing issues.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey guys got the PM:)

The relocation kit is needed for the 18's. It's not the lips it's the the fact that the sensor stem on the inside will hit the ebrake cable. The relocation kit simply changes the position of the cable allowing the exposed portion of the sensor to rotate and clear the cable.

Cheap and very easy to install. Hope this helps.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

As for the question about some 19's not clearing. It has to do with the placement of the sensor by the company making the wheels.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Does the e-brake relocation help at all with the inner pad wear issue?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Does the e-brake relocation help at all with the inner pad wear issue?

Don't think so Steve the e brake caliper itself is not changed just the cable, spring, and arm. The caliper and piston function the same.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth