Whats the max?

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the UK there was a guy who had a RT10 and wanted over 1000 bhp, and gave his Viper to an engineering firm to develop. They've done loads to it , twin turbo etc. They were having trouble with the gear box and hubs coping with the power. It cost I'm told £200k to develop, I have all the spec on it some where if anyones interested.!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Big Jim,

Doug Levin is blowing the 1100 hp number away that you read.

It was posted on the VCA board a few months ago. Doug posted over 1,500 HP before the dyna maxed out. I think that was RWHP..

Gerald

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaking Jeff Ellison's King Snake is pushing upwards of 1050 H.P. w/NOS.
You must be registered for see images
I think it's around 777 H.P. without the NOS.

Reaction score
I believe I'm putting down >700+ at the tires (I'll get the dyno sheets and post them). This is without N2O (obviously after the episode / explosion). I'm planning on replacing my old 100 shot (that exploded) with a new two stag 300 shot for drag racing.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here it is, the spec I have on the twin turbo developed RT10 in the UK:

Two T04 Garratt Turbo Chargers.
Compression lowered to 8.5 to 1.
Plasma-Moly piston rings fitted.
New stainless steel exhaust manifold fitted,catalytic convertors removed and 3" diameter stainless steel straight through exhaust.
New stainless steel fuel rail developed and fitted.
New custom made flywheel fitted with McLeod twin 10.5 clutch.
Up rated, fully adjustable suspension.
ABS braking system developed and fitted.
Cylinder heads polished, ported and valves re-shapped.
Wills rings fitted to cylinder heads.
Custom made intercooler fitted in front of the oil cooler and radiator.
10 Bosch green 100 HP top fed injectors fitted, fed by twin 4x4 Cosworth fuel filters and Cosworth fuel pressure regulator.
Modified ZF six speed transmission fitted to accept standard hydraulic clutch mechanism on the original 6 speed Borg Warner gear box.
New electronic Engine Management System, incorporating 3 power levels (the 2 most powerful of which are accessed only with additional ignition key) developed and fitted.
Traction control developed and fitted.
Cylinder heads secured with non-stretch high tensile bolts.
Custom made prop shaft, and new prop shaft safety hoop fitted.
Aluminium fuel tank complete with baffling and fire suppression material.
Rear chassis strenghthened.
Inner wings modified to accept turbo chargers.
Shatter shield fitted around gearbox.
Safety shield fitted above differential.
Air cooled brakes, ducting to front and rear.
Front spoiler with adjustable blade.
Larger battery in modified boot well.
(Also; Doors fitted with electrically operated glass windows. Rear window fitted and bonded. Heater and aircon electric air intake. Solenoid operation of boot latch and petrol cap. Electric door mirrors.
Kevlar detachable roof with canvas outer and leather inner linings. Leather interior panels, centre consol and dashboard. Hood modified and strengthened, and extra cooling vents. Air rams on boot lid.)

They claim 0-60 mph in 3.5 sec, and estimate top speed to be 250 mph.
This car was for sale £120k or $75k (US) I think. (Contact me, and I'll find out if it's still availble if you're interested!)

The firms that did the development work are Autotronics Engineering Ltd, Tel UK 01980 625197 or fax UK 01980 625206; and Veetech Motor Services Tel UK 01722 744896 or fax UK 01722 744897.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets