What's the stock throttle body size on a Gen II ??

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What\'s the stock throttle body size on a Gen II ??

I'm wondering what the stock throttle body size of a genII is, and what would someone expect by increasing them to a 65, or 70mm ??

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s the stock throttle body size on a Gen II ??

I think they are 60mm. Vipers are more restricted by the intake manifold than the throttle bodies.

Most see little to no performance increase from the larger throttle bodies. Slightly modified Vipers have been known to lose power.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

They taper down from a 62mm to a 60mm at the narrowest part of the throat. Some measure 59.5. They are spec at 60mm

Dont go larger than 65mm unless you have some serious prerequisiste motor mods. You will LOSE low-end grunt, and just push the power band higher.....

OP
OP
J

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was offered a pair of 65's for $500.oo, and I didn't know what to expect out of'em. I'm thinking I'll pass unless someone here tells me that it'll increase my 1320 et from experience on a stock motor.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the general concensus of opinion would be that on a stock engine, no, it would not reduce the ET in the quarter mile and might even hurt it. Results seem to differ depending on other mods and who you talk to, but just putting them on would probably be a waste of 500 bucks. pete the ex glass guy and hot rodder remembering that bigger CFM carbs on stock V8's don't mean more power or lower ET. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth