Whats this (one of a kind) GTS worth?

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I am considering purchasing this Viper tomorrow to drive around for a few weeks, but mainly to sell in a few weeks to make a little money and enjoy the car. So my question is, how much do you think the car is worth to sell (keep in mind I do not want it to take 4 months to sell lol) so any price you say will not offend me, I just want to make sure I don't over pay tomorrow.

The car is a 96 GTS with 40-45k miles, Matte White paint job, and one of a kind widebody, there is also a roll bar in the trunk, and no A/C. Clean title and Carfax, but car was tracked by previous owner (it only has 2-owners)

Here is a pic of it, sorry this is the only one I have at the moment

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On more pic here

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I am considering purchasing this Viper tomorrow to drive around for a few weeks, but mainly to sell in a few weeks to make a little money and enjoy the car. So my question is, how much do you think the car is worth to sell (keep in mind I do not want it to take 4 months to sell lol) so any price you say will not offend me, I just want to make sure I don't over pay tomorrow.
Are you positive that is even a Viper????There are a bunch of guys out there that build kit car looking bodies on misc frames...Does it have a 1996 GTS VIN number???? NO one takes a 96 GTS and changes it that drematically......I would be very careful buying that and no real Viper person is gonna buy that car either......It is a ruint...destroyed kit car lookin thing.....DON't buy it.....
MY 2 Cents......for what it is worth to anyone.....:sorry2: :no1: :bsm::panic::outtahere: :omg:

The car is a 96 GTS with 40-45k miles, Matte White paint job, and one of a kind widebody, there is also a roll bar in the trunk, and no A/C. Clean title and Carfax, but car was tracked by previous owner (it only has 2-owners)

my response is at the top of yours...

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've seen the RT/10 version of this car before. These were actually modified by a reputable company (can't remember the name) but these never took off and as far as I know, they are one-offs, built to show off what the company could make. Right now the body kit actually devalues the car, and unless you are getting this for a steal (under $25k) you may be hard pressed to find another buyer. The only buyer right now, besides you, would be some dude that doesn't know what a Viper looks like and just thinks it's cool.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've seen the RT/10 version of this car before. These were actually modified by a reputable company (can't remember the name) but these never took off and as far as I know, they are one-offs, built to show off what the company could make. Right now the body kit actually devalues the car, and unless you are getting this for a steal (under $25k) you may be hard pressed to find another buyer. The only buyer right now, besides you, would be some dude that doesn't know what a Viper looks like and just thinks it's cool.

EXACTLY......no one is gonna buy it AND you are not gonna sell it fast and make any money on it.....

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that car used to be all black. I'm sure it cost a fortune, but it's certainly unappealing to me. I can't even begin to put a price tag on it. I'm thinking you have to have a buyer lined up first, otherwise it would have to be salvage value cheap in my mind. You may find luck in advertising it in one of the tuner forums, it would surely find many fans there.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that car used to be all black. I'm sure it cost a fortune, but it's certainly unappealing to me. I can't even begin to put a price tag on it. I'm thinking you have to have a buyer lined up first, otherwise it would have to be salvage value cheap in my mind. You may find luck in advertising it in one of the tuner forums, it would surely find many fans there.

You could well be correct I remember this also and have a video of it idling in a guy's driveway someplace from when it was gloss black.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting those later gen 3 style panels on a gen 2car , that company should be shot! Your market will be very limited. You might get some response at a classic and sports car auction, stick a reserve price down and see how it goes, or the Bay?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the black one you mentioned was owned by a man named Wayne in AZ. That car had TT's and laid the hammer down to a few sportbikes.--RS

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Value, pretty low unfortunately. But intriguingly awesome? I think it is, post more pix man

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is Steve from Autoform,we called that the Street Coupe. We did the first one for Ron Adee, which we built to compete in the One Lap of America. We then did a couple that competed in the VRL.
We did ten cars that looked like that for the street. Defiantly, it is a matter of personal preference (I would get rid of the wing if I did it now) and was done when a lot of Viper guys bought new cars and modified them...keep in mind we did that first car in 99 or 2000...can't remember...before the Gen 3...also, notice how I pulled the rear quarter panel back past the tail lights, thickened and squared the rear bumper and added the diffuser...kind of reminds you of the 06 coupe? Once again...it's all just a matter of opinion...I just wanted to let people know what it is and what the car was about. The Viper has evolved a lot since those days, I know first hand that Ralph gets ideas from many different sources that are incorporated into current designs. We have always been a "dare to be different" company...now, back to work on this new fascia.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll go a $1.50...if you remove that wing, front end, doors, ...second thought just keep the $1.50 and walk away, my eyes hurt. Corvette Summer all over again!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The waste disposal fee on those parts will exceed $1.50. And they float if you're thinking fish food. Alternatively, drop them off at the local Honda club. You'll get thank you cards for many driving seasons to come.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you love it and plan to keep it till the day you die then get it! End of story... regardless of what anyone else says.

If you plan on driving it for a few years then selling... run away from this one!

Mike

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely NOT your average looking Viper! To me its kinda like putting a vette motor in a classic air-cooled Porsche, to a Porsche Purist that would be sacrilegious & they would NEVER buy something like that. Just like a True Viper Purist would NEVER buy something like this! If you're planning on re-selling it, I think your potential buyer would have to be looking for something like this & not necessarily looking for a Viper! jmo

Green Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I'm in the minority, I think it looks kind of like a cross between the Concept GTSR and the Gen2 and I like the way it looks.

Do have to agree with others though it is enough different that it will require a special buyer and may not be the easiest car to sell quickly.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Autoform, that was the company. Here is the RT/10 version.

Attachments

• AutoformSpyder-1.jpg
    AutoformSpyder-1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 15
  • AutoformSpyder-2.jpg
    AutoformSpyder-2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 11

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like it as well....it has some comp coupe vibe to it. I prefer the GTS lines but this is an interesting spin on the theme.

That said, your market isn't Viper buyers, its exotic kit car buyers. Even though its not a kit car (just a rebodied production car) you'll likely find more interest there than here for it.

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well did you buy it???

OP
OP
F

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well did you buy it???

No the seller was firm at his price, which was just a little under $30k. I just want something I can enjoy for the next 2 months and sell and not lose on, I did like this car alot, but I like my money more!

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is fine. The body kit looks well built. In terms of leading the way I can see the probable influence on future Vipers considering that it was made before the Gen IIIs and IVs.

Poor Richard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the car is hot...has a little history...you now know who and where and how it was conceived, buy it for as little as you can...under $20,000

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4