Wheel run-out - Need Help!

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a trick to downloading the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB). There is one related to lateral run-out on 92-97 Viper wheels. Even when I go to the NTSB site there doesn't appear to bo be a method to obtain specific documents.

I bought a 94 with 7800 miles and perfect looking rubber/wheels, however, the car had a vibration related to wheel rpm. When I went to get an alignment they found that three of the wheels had a lateral runout. I have since replaced the wheels. I would like to get the TSB related to this problem and pursue Dodge for some help - is this realistic?

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unsure of the TSB you are referring to but the info you are looking for, perhaps I can help. Viper rims are tender in some ways and can get bent or warped over time. This can come from a tire machine when mounting and dismounting or hard road impact toward the inside edge of the tire. The three spoke rims are the most susceptable. Runout limits are in the shop manual but we have had to widen out the acceptable limits to save a rim or two. Basically, if you have lateral or radial runout as measured at the inside edge/near the lip of the rim under 1/4 " then you have a good chance of balancing out the tire and wheel combo. Good luck.

Bob Woodhouse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack, I forgot to answer the "persue some help" part of your post. My opinion only: I doubt you would see any assistance on these rims, as this has a high probability of being user induced, you are the second owner and off the end of the warranty by three years.