When will the '09's be available?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Should be soon........ October is the 'normal' SRT10 release date, after the normal containment issues. CAAP is full of 09s

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do they have a production schedule based on color like 08?.. what is the order of color production this year?

okay i see the graphite and white are first to be produced according to the official 09 thread

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are so many 08 not built how can they start 09 for another 6 months????????

When we were at the plant tour at VOIX the line was just finishing the last of the 08s and half the line were 09s. How could you possibly make that statement?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am told out of the 1200 or so 2008s built approx 500 are sitting on dealers lots-unsold.Does anyone know if this is fact true?

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am told out of the 1200 or so 2008s built approx 500 are sitting on dealers lots-unsold.Does anyone know if this is fact true?

I cannot back up that claim but my local dealer has 12 in stock and today in Oct 1st.

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we were at the plant tour at VOIX the line was just finishing the last of the 08s and half the line were 09s. How could you possibly make that statement?
I was reffering to the ACR's that everyone seems to be still waiting for.Such as red ones that were ordered back in Jan 08.Not the regular coupes.Thats how?????

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that I have heard is that 08 was sold out completely. Weather to dealers or new owners I can not say.
Sold out as is Dodge has no backlog BUT dealers are the ones with many 08 on floorplans unsold.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i heard just last night that approx 1600 08's were made, and approx 350 of those were currently unsold. the truth is probably somewhere inbetween.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing that I have heard is that 08 was sold out completely. Weather to dealers or new owners I can not say.

i got to see a purple 08 coupe last night with white stripes - beautiful car! great choice!

(i lovingly stroked it so many times, that i may have gotten it overly excited. i think it made a mess on the showroom floor.) :lmao:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's surprising, as that dealership is notorious for adding a $10K "Market Adjustment" sticker on their Vipers, and if you're "lucky", you could talk them down to MSRP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealer in Nebraska is on ebay taking pre-orders for '09 ACR's for invoice. He claims November delivery, which sounds like, umm, next summer at this rate. I think the days of huge markups are over. The economy *****, unsold high-end cars on the lots, etc. An '09 might go for less than any recently sold '08 at this rate.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have seen a used '08 w/ less than 1,000 miles for right at $70k - a lot of car for the money
Ill let my 08 venmon red roadster (1400 miles )go in the low 70s range (car shows new)

Dealmaker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Add to thet the number that are in "brokers" hands and you will find there are a lot of " un-retailed" Vipers

quote=big-n-italian;2593229]i heard just last night that approx 1600 08's were made, and approx 350 of those were currently unsold. the truth is probably somewhere inbetween.[/quote]

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw an 08 Orange vert on ebay but it now price at $77k on the dealer show room floor! Who is the Nebraska Dealer taking 09 ACR orders at invoice???

Reaction score
Saw a ACR at Arrigo Dodge in Sunrise, Florida, black w/single red stripe, car was roped off in the showroom. It had a ADM sticker of $30k over the MSRP of $104k, wow, thats $134k.
They also had an 08 Challenger for $8k over MSRP of $$42k, wow, thats $50k

I offered to buy BOTH for invoice, and was shot down.

I hope this is one of the stores that fells to exist after the recovery.

mcar00

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Saw a ACR at Arrigo Dodge in Sunrise, Florida, black w/single red stripe, car was roped off in the showroom. It had a ADM sticker of $30k over the MSRP of $104k, wow, thats $134k.
They also had an 08 Challenger for $8k over MSRP of $$42k, wow, thats $50k

I offered to buy BOTH for invoice, and was shot down.

I hope this is one of the stores that fells to exist after the recovery.

I agree. I tried to buy an SRT-8 Jeep from them a couple of years ago and they wanted $25K over MSRP. That's after they told me on the phone I could get it at sticker. I found the same vehicle for $3K under MSRP a couple of months later.

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is Palmer Dodge selling a Red ACR also saying 09's will be 12k price increase????Read ad on ebay where they are selling an ACR.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dealer in Nebraska is on ebay taking pre-orders for '09 ACR's for invoice. He claims November delivery, which sounds like, umm, next summer at this rate. I think the days of huge markups are over. The economy *****, unsold high-end cars on the lots, etc. An '09 might go for less than any recently sold '08 at this rate.

No time like the present to upgrade.:2tu:
So did you place your order?

JeremyS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know of quite a few "Viper" dealers that have a LOT of new '08's on their floors and lots. I saw at least 15 last week on the lot & floor at Buhler Dodge in New Jersey. Note: one was sick looking. It was a '08 coupe in orange w/ white stripes. They had the car modified to look like an ACR, it was awesome looking!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buhler showroom is very very impressive as is the dealership in general ,would not buy from anyone else.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill let my 08 venmon red roadster (1400 miles )go in the low 70s range (car shows new)
Anyone interested make me an offer .I want to move the car before Winter in NJ ,if i dont sell soon i may take it to Manhalm Auto Auction

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth