When you sell a car, have you ever had this happen to you...

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My rant...

You try to list as much as possible, with as many photos as possible, with details, etc...

1. You always get someone that wants more photos. Sure thing. So you spend time going to get the camera, taking photos, loading them up, and you send them. Then nothing...not a single, thanks for the pics. Nothing. I got someone that said he wanted the pics for his computer screen...are you kidding me? :omg::mad::D - at least he was honest and responded...

2. I have gotten a couple: "you have an amazing car"...I want to buy it. I just have to go to the bank tomorrow and will call you from there to get wire transfer information...nothing.

3. This is the one that I simply don't understand. "Can you meet me somewhere so that I can take a look at it in person? Sure...so I drive 15 minutes during my lunch hour (mind you, drive the car to work, which I usually don't do)...only to get a no show. Not even a call to tell me he was not coming...I simply don't feel like calling to ask for an explanation...it is what it is, right?

It is just a little annoying...I guess she is just gonna have to stay, huh? :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep it!!!!! Not to rain on your rant, but we actually had a GOOD experience selling our '05 BLACK Viper vert...to a fella who'd wanted it for TWO YEARS...he offered WAY above market value...didn't argue...sold! We realize that's not typical.
(Are you really selling it???) ~juli

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. Have had the same wonderful experiences before. Also had it the other way. Drove 4 hours to see my "new baby" and do a final agreement only to find the thing was trashed and the sent photos were photo shopped!:mad:

There are some real winners out there. Sorry to hear that you have spoken with so many of them!!;)

Look at it this way. There are much worse vehicles to have to "live with" for a little longer!:D

Good luck!

Robert

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time Wasters..... Plain and simple.. Not worth it. Someone who wants your car, will call YOU... Not the other way around..

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My rant...

You try to list as much as possible, with as many photos as possible, with details, etc...

1. You always get someone that wants more photos. Sure thing. So you spend time going to get the camera, taking photos, loading them up, and you send them. Then nothing...not a single, thanks for the pics. Nothing. I got someone that said he wanted the pics for his computer screen...are you kidding me? :omg::mad::D - at least he was honest and responded...

2. I have gotten a couple: "you have an amazing car"...I want to buy it. I just have to go to the bank tomorrow and will call you from there to get wire transfer information...nothing.

3. This is the one that I simply don't understand. "Can you meet me somewhere so that I can take a look at it in person? Sure...so I drive 15 minutes during my lunch hour (mind you, drive the car to work, which I usually don't do)...only to get a no show. Not even a call to tell me he was not coming...I simply don't feel like calling to ask for an explanation...it is what it is, right?

It is just a little annoying...I guess she is just gonna have to stay, huh? :D

LOTS of DREAMERS who dont care about wasting someones time...:mad:

OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday Friday I had someone local call, set up a time, come over and look at the car. The guy claimed he wanted the car...he just had to get a loan for it. He called me today and said the bank would not loan him a penny. I asked him what his credit score was...let's just say my crank hp on my GTS was higher than his credit score...wow. He also said he has 3 loans against his current home. What the heck is he doing looking at cars? Scary out there...scary.

Juli...yes, I am selling. The new smurf blue/black ACR's have made it into my sleep and now I must have one... :D

Robert...you are absolutely right. For some reason, it does not bother me that much the car is still in the garage. Every time I take her out for a spin, I second guess my decision about selling.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday Friday I had someone local call, set up a time, come over and look at the car. The guy claimed he wanted the car...he just had to get a loan for it. He called me today and said the bank would not loan him a penny. I asked him what his credit score was...let's just say my crank hp on my GTS was higher than his credit score...wow. He also said he has 3 loans against his current home. What the heck is he doing looking at cars? Scary out there...scary.
Juli...yes, I am selling. The new smurf blue/black ACR's have made it into my sleep and now I must have one... :D
Robert...you are absolutely right. For some reason, it does not bother me that much the car is still in the garage. Every time I take her out for a spin, I second guess my decision about selling.

OH, I LOVE that ACR combo that's also haunting my sleep as well!!!! :headbang: You are ordering one of those, or already did? GOOD LUCK on your sale...bummer about the people who you don't KNOW could be serious buyers or NOT...so you have to deal with them.
ALL my best...love your Viper you have now though! :2tu: ~juli

Reaction score

You would think a person with a little common sense would have their finances in order before looking at the first car.

OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH, I LOVE that ACR combo that's also haunting my sleep as well!!!! :headbang: You are ordering one of those, or already did? GOOD LUCK on your sale...bummer about the people who you don't KNOW could be serious buyers or NOT...so you have to deal with them.
ALL my best...love your Viper you have now though! :2tu: ~juli

I will sell my GTS first..otherwise I will end up with yet another car in the garage...

But...I drove her today in perfect 70 degree weather...it is going to be tough to let her go...

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what it is worth, I am going to put this out here. Hopefully by the end of the post it will make sence.;)

I have found that there is two types of buyers in any market for any product. Those who want it, and those who WANT it. When those who WANT it decide upon a certain item (in this case that certain item would be YOUR Viper, not A Viper) they will do whatever is needed to get it. Those who are not willing to make a trip out of their way, those who have not got a clear idea of what they want, those who have not pre looked into and arranged the funds for a purchase of this size, those who are not willing to be inconvenienced to get what they really want - don't really want it! It is that simple! If someone REALLY wants your specific car, then it does not matter even if you tell them the only time you can see them is at your house at 3 AM on Monday nights and only when it is raining, they will be there. It is that simple. THEY WILL BE THERE. In fairness too, you probably do not want that other type of buyer to be the one to own your baby anyways. As much as you are selling your car you are also selecting a person to own your pride and joy. If you sell in haste (different situation if you HAVE to sell quickly) you will never be happy with your decision to sell your car, and you will always somewhat regret buying your freakin awesomely colored smurf blue ACR (freakin NICE choice by the way - please be very sure to email/post/PM pics when you do get it).

I guess in a nutshell, when the right buyer that will look after your car is ready to step up to the plate, even your conversation with him on the phone will be in a very different context. So keep an eye out for the buyer that WANTS your car. He will come. Stop focusing on the sale, and more on your ACR. Destiny knows that in order to accomadate your purchase of the ACR, it needs to send you a buyer. Don't sweat the small things, start worrying about what the tread marks are going to look like on your road from the Sport Cups! :drive:

Sorry for the :rant: I am going to get off of the box now.:soapy:

Hope this helps. :)

Robert

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense man...especially the highlighted portion :)
:drive:
For what it is worth, I am going to put this out here. Hopefully by the end of the post it will make sence.;)

I have found that there is two types of buyers in any market for any product. Those who want it, and those who WANT it. When those who WANT it decide upon a certain item (in this case that certain item would be YOUR Viper, not A Viper) they will do whatever is needed to get it. Those who are not willing to make a trip out of their way, those who have not got a clear idea of what they want, those who have not pre looked into and arranged the funds for a purchase of this size, those who are not willing to be inconvenienced to get what they really want - don't really want it! It is that simple! If someone REALLY wants your specific car, then it does not matter even if you tell them the only time you can see them is at your house at 3 AM on Monday nights and only when it is raining, they will be there. It is that simple. THEY WILL BE THERE. In fairness too, you probably do not want that other type of buyer to be the one to own your baby anyways. As much as you are selling your car you are also selecting a person to own your pride and joy. If you sell in haste (different situation if you HAVE to sell quickly) you will never be happy with your decision to sell your car, and you will always somewhat regret buying your freakin awesomely colored smurf blue ACR (freakin NICE choice by the way - please be very sure to email/post/PM pics when you do get it).

I guess in a nutshell, when the right buyer that will look after your car is ready to step up to the plate, even your conversation with him on the phone will be in a very different context. So keep an eye out for the buyer that WANTS your car. He will come. Stop focusing on the sale, and more on your ACR. Destiny knows that in order to accomadate your purchase of the ACR, it needs to send you a buyer. Don't sweat the small things, start worrying about what the tread marks are going to look like on your road from the Sport Cups! :drive:

Sorry for the :rant: I am going to get off of the box now.:soapy:

Hope this helps. :)

Robert

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper