Where are the GT-2's

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are the GT-2\'s

Someone sent me an e-mail, since I haven't visited this site lately, stating that he had seen a post from someone trying to locate the 100 GT-2's. We have one (#017)...Don and Barbara Smith, Roosevelt, Utah.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Where are the GT-2\'s

I'll see if Kory replies to this thread, but I can tell you that #30 is in Kansas...

Chris

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Per this Board's classified ads:

#10--Ky.
#39--Calif.
#52--Justin Bell
#70--Fla.
#73--Ohio
#80--Fla.

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The private party un-numbered prototype GT-2 was traded to it's current owner for the Lindamood "Color Me Gone" Max Wedge drag car. This particular GT-2 prototype was featured in numerous magazine articles and it's current owner insisted that it not be repainted or cleaned up in any way. It's still in exactly the same condition as when Mario drove it...

It is very proudly owned my a North Carolina VCA member....

Alan Patterson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GT-2 "072 is in my garage in Granite Bay, California. Since I
retired, it gets harder and harder not to put lots of miles on it! (OK, it only has 7500 miles so far...)
Al

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GT2 009 is in Central California
GT2 049 is also in Central California

Along with 2 others - I have to locate their numbers

Jerry

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

UPDATE LIST:

1. Pac NW
3. Pac NW
9. Central Calif
10. KY
30. Kansas
36. Pac NW
39. Central Calif
40. Nor Calif
49. Central Calif
52. Justin Bell
70. Florida
72. California
73. Ohio
79. NJ
80. Florida
99. Bob Lutz
100. WPC Museum

Didn't #51 go to Denver? Anyone know of any others not mentioned?

Alan Patterson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I note that 7 of the 17 GT2's indetified by state are for
sale in this club's classifieds... Seems everyone wants
too much $$ for them--or could it be that their owners really don't want to sell them??!!

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just checked the classifieds- there are at least NINE GT-2's for sale there!! Two of them have asking prices in the 90s (the rest are higher); many have been for sale for a long time. I agree, some of the asking prices are pretty silly...

OP
OP
B

BarbaraAnn

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Our GT-2 isn't on the big list and I started all this! Hee! Hee! Anyway, ours is #017...in Utah. Yes, #51 is in Denver and we just returned from a Colorado Viper Club outing which included another Colorado GT-2...#86, I think, but I could be wrong.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

# 094 is up on my auto lift @ home in S. Florida....

I just listed it for sale.

Also many adds in the classified are old.. and actually sold.

( I bought my car from an add on there last year..and the add
is still there).

DWParsons1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Although my records are not complete, there are at least 7 GT2's in the NorCal club. They are as follows: #26 in San Jose, CA/ #33 in Danville, CA/ #34 in Orangevale, CA/ #37 in Brentwood, CA/ #40 in Saratoga, CA/ #48 in Livermore, CA/ #72 in Granite Bay, CA Happy Pin-pushing Barbara!

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score

#66 sits in my garage in Winter Park, FL with my wifes #217 92' RT10 and our new 2001 yellow with black stripped GTS coupe.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Quick review.. How did these people get these cars in the first place? How did they know they were for sale? Was it a lotto draw?
what was the original sticker price for the car?

I have always been curious about these "special" cars.

and if they do "it" again how do i get in?????

thanks
JIM
smile.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

#43 is in the garage at work. Irving Drobny has had it for two years. Great car, but since it came as a premium, he now avoids track events.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I was the one that started the question a while back trying to find out the location of the 100 GT2's and since then we have found many of the cars. I wonder how many of them have been taken out of circulation - auto accident damaged - raced??

As for the questions

Quick review.. How did these people get these cars in the first place? How did they know they were for sale? Was it a lotto draw?
what was the original sticker price for the car?

Dodge sent out a list of dealers that to were to receive the 100 GT2's to the membership of the VCA a few days before the public. It was up to each person that was interested in one of the 100 GT2's to contact the dealers that were to receive the cars. I believe the dealers that received the cars were the highest volume Viper dealers.

I believe the window sticker was $85,200.

Some of us purchased them for window, a few under window and many over sticker price.

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The GT2 represents the winning Viper in 1997 for the FIA GT2 class in Europe. Most of the 100 built are in the hands of Viper collectors and owners such as myself. How many have been wrecked or converted to race cars? I know that Jim McCann has taken his GT2 and turned it into a full race Viper for the wheel to wheel Viper days series. I have also seen one GT2 from Calif. run in race trim at Viper Days events. Most of us who own one drive it for fun and to VCA events. Mine was recently displayed with Ferrari's, Porsche's and other European exotics in Mt. Dora, FL as well as seen on American Muscle Car's show on the story of Viper. I have no interest in selling this Viper and will keep it! It represents the best of the first generation success of Dodges 90's muscle car's and will always be a timeless collectable.