Where does this weatherstripping go?

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My '97 was a little bit taken apart when I got it. Laying in the trunk was this piece of weatherstripping, and I can't figure out where it goes. You can see the profile in the pic, and it's 41" long. Anyone recognize it? Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• SAM_1194.JPG
    SAM_1194.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 116

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kind of looks like the weatherstripping for the trunk on my '99 but it should be longer than 41" to go around the entire perimeter

OP
OP
B

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely not the trunk seal, that's there and intact. It could be the front fender seal, but I've only got one of them and I don't see any witness marks on the splash panel that look like something used to be there. I'll check the length against the panel and see how it fits.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...one wheel well should have it and the other side not. Should be pretty easy to tell unless one is totally missing and all ya got is one loose piece...unless that is what you just stated. I can't tell from your post what you mean.

OP
OP
B

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neither front wheel well has any weatherstripping, and there are no marks in the dust/dirt on the splash shield that would indicate anything was recently removed.

OP
OP
B

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, not there either. Both doors have all their weatherstripping intact. The profile on this piece is also smaller than the strip on the bottoms of the doors.

OP
OP
B

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't be 100% certain it is a Viper part. When I got the car, it was in the hatch with some other parts that the PO removed. All the other parts were Viper parts and have been reinstalled, this is the last piece left.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth