1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which spark plugs?

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by C.Hermsen, Feb 23, 2012.

1. C.Hermsen

C.Hermsen Enthusiast

I have a 2004 SRT with a cam, forged internals, Roe VEC3, Belanger Headers. What kind of spark plugs should I be using? The kind I pulled out are Champion RC12ECC, but they just seem a little cheap to me. Is that an OK plug to be running or should I switch to something else?

Thanks,

-Craig

2. cash84

cash84 Viper Owner

What cam are you running? I have the 710 cam from Roe and they suggested that I run Bosch Platinum +2 4308. When I was looking for them, they were discountinued but Roe racing had them in stock. They might be back in stores.

3. uvbnbit

uvbnbit Enthusiast

I think that is probably the recommended one. Stock Champions. About $2 each?

4. C.Hermsen

C.Hermsen Enthusiast

Cash I'm not sure which cam, I think its the Comp Coupe cam.

Uvbn, yeah they're about $2/pc...can there really be a recommended part without viper tax!? Hahah

5. uvbnbit

uvbnbit Enthusiast

I'm thinking even a lot of the "boosted" guys are running stockers. If you're doing excessive drags and track driving, then the colder plugs might be recommended.
    When I was N/A, I ran the Bosch Platinum 4+. My car ran great on 'em. But many others said not too.
    I'm not sure about the Gen3 heads, but the Gen2's require the "L" plug. It's fit's a tad deeper in chamber. (someone correct me if Im wrong)