Who Can Do A Gear Change In Dfw Gen 4

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im Looking For A Shop In Dfw To Change My Rear End Gears To 3:73. Is A 2009 Gen 4 Rear End.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would check Grapevine Dodge. They are very well setup to take care of our Vipers. They gave us a tour of their facility. They can pretty much do it all there. From what I have heard from club members, they do great work.

F

FrgMstr

I have not had work done by this guy...yet. But have talked with him at length and would certainly trust him with my car. Shop was full of Vipers when I was there. Prices quoted for exhaust work were reasonable. Good luck.

North Lewisville.

MUSCLEHEAD INC.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not had work done by this guy...yet. But have talked with him at length and would certainly trust him with my car. Shop was full of Vipers when I was there. Prices quoted for exhaust work were reasonable. Good luck.

North Lewisville.

MUSCLEHEAD INC.

He is a nice guy, but not sure if he can do a gen4 rear end. Im finding out gen 4 are very hard to change gears on.

Reaction score
Yes the Gen4 diffs can be a PITA to get apart after anything over a few hundred miles. The clips that hold the stub axles in were changed on the 08+ cars and it has a square profile with no taper for releasing like the rest do. Once these see some heat cycles they expand just a tad and you will 90% of the time not get them to pop out so you can change the gears or even swap to a Giken or Quaife unit. When we first started seeing this we worked with a few gear shops trying to get a tool that would hold up for even trying this.

We always suggest to new buyers that if this is something that they may desire down the road to do it while new. Good luck though you never know till they get it out of the car and try.

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got the gears done. RSI did the job for me in house, plus a dyno tune, and some other odds and ends. Great group of guys specially will, he really did a fantastic job. RSI (racing solutions inc.) they know vipers and dint give me any BS like many other shops did. Im very happy with the work and service.

Reaction score
I finally got the gears done. RSI did the job for me in house, plus a dyno tune, and some other odds and ends. Great group of guys specially will, he really did a fantastic job. RSI (racing solutions inc.) they know vipers and dint give me any BS like many other shops did. Im very happy with the work and service.

Definitely nice guys at RSI, so your original diff came apart OK I take it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456