Who has the most miles driven in one 24 hour period?

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, Le Mans excluded, I just know someone is going to say that.

Oh yeah, it has to be in a Viper, after all this is a Viper board.

Mine is 1,147

From Ottawa, Illinois to Rock Springs, Wyoming.

What's your personal best?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hunting trip I just got back from was 1750 miles. We did it in about 24 hours with four drivers.
I guess that doesn't count.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New York to Chelsea, MI for the VCA-PVO autocross; 655 miles/8 hours on Friday and return on Sunday. Best part of the trip...

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1125 miles from Waynesburg, PA to Ruston, LA in 15 hours & 28 minutes, including all stops for food & wizz.

Almost 73 mph average.

Also drove from Pocatello, ID to Indianapolis, IN; 1675 miles. We had to stop & sleep for 4 hours in Nebraska somewhere. Sydney I think.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to see the book that's going to be published with all these little tid-bits of information that keep getting asked every month or so.

St. Louis, 17.5 hours, one driver, 1100 miles

AC

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1175 miles non-stop by myself in 16 hrs. West Palm Beach, Fl to Canton, Ohio and the viper treated me well and was very comfortable. The only thing I didn't have was cruise control, which would have made the trip just a little easier.

OP
OP
Bad_Byte

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1175 miles non-stop by myself in 16 hrs. West Palm Beach, Fl to Canton, Ohio and the viper treated me well and was very comfortable. The only thing I didn't have was cruise control, which would have made the trip just a little easier.

Well you got me by a couple of miles Tim. I would have gone all the way to Salt Lake and added another 200+ miles but I got tired of doing 10mph through ice and 3" of new snow between Laramie WY and Rock Springs.

I was pretty amazed at the comfort and yes cruise control was the only creature comfort I missed.

PS: I assume Jet Blue and I could swear the in seat gps was showing 600+mph while I was flying into Buffalo last Sat.

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bad byte, you assumed correctly. The moving map display on the tv shows 'groundspeed' in mph. If you have a strong tailwind, it will increase your speed across the ground. On a few occasions in the winter, the jetstream at altitude can be 200 mph, and you can see over 700 mph across the ground with a direct tailwind.
What flight were you on? I flew flight 4 JFK - BUF last Sat.
Next time poke your head in the cockpit when you are boarding, if I am there I will show you around the flightdeck.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Orleans, LA - Columbus, OH
950mi in 20 hours when escaping Ivan.
Trafic jammed from New Orleans to Nashville ....

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New Orleans, LA - Columbus, OH after VOI 8
950mi in 20 hours when escaping Ivan.
Trafic jammed from New Orleans to Nashville ....

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1400 miles solo, MI to Danbury CT and back in 23 hours a few months ago. (but not in my Viper)

OP
OP
Bad_Byte

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bad byte, you assumed correctly. The moving map display on the tv shows 'groundspeed' in mph. If you have a strong tailwind, it will increase your speed across the ground. On a few occasions in the winter, the jetstream at altitude can be 200 mph, and you can see over 700 mph across the ground with a direct tailwind.
What flight were you on? I flew flight 4 JFK - BUF last Sat.
Next time poke your head in the cockpit when you are boarding, if I am there I will show you around the flightdeck.

Wow, what a small world it is! I was on flt 4 from JFK to BUF. So you were the pilot. Now a days I'd be afraid to even attempt to stick my head in the cockpit. I did say hey on my way out the door though. Since I don't fly cross country to pick up Vipers all that often it may be a while before I fly again. Although, I may travel back east for work in a month or so. I'll fly Blue again when ever I do though. American really blew it with me a while back and I had over 100,000 frequent flyer miles. I'll be using those and moving on.

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow....some pretty impressive one day mileages!
I think my longest trip was from Toronto to Detroit and back in the same day(about 500 miles)!

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1,724 miles, solo - Return trip from Chicago to just outside Reno (trying to get home in less than 32 hours...)

My Uncle currently holds the family record at 32hrs for (approx) 2,200 miles (from Chicago to San Jose), established back in 1975. Being he's 75+ now, I don't think he'll be breaking that one, but I still might.

beckertb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I once drove straight though from Los Angeles, CA to Columbia, MO (1800 miles) in 23.5 hours including 3 fuel/pit stops. I was driving a Dark Blue Ford Taurus (which is almost invisible to law officials). I was exhausted on my return.

Ben

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
In the viper - Tators BBq - ~500

I had a working weekend that took me all over the mid atlantic in the honda - 1249 miles in 36 hours - no sleep.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
900+ miles from CAAP (Detroit) to Kansas City via most of Iowa to show off for friends and relatives - in our brand-new factory-delivery 2000 GTS. What a great way to break it in!

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damm you guys got me totally beat out the most I ever did was 422 miles in 24 hours.

allanlambo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove my Lotus TT from Atlanta to Scottsdale in under 24hours straight. Just stopped for gas. Passed 2 cops in Texas doing 150mph, and they didnt come after me, or if they did, i never saw them.

Oops forgot to add, approx 2300 miles.

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not in the Viper but did a rocking Windsor, Ontario to the Fl border (free Orange Juice stop) in 12 hours 12 minutes to the minute from the time we were released into the US from customs.

I worked it out at the time to a near 100mph average in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The thing was to the tin when ever possible and topped out at 120mph with 4 guys and gear.

Fun times, have a few pics of the speedo and readouts of the time starting and ending.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
drove from NNJ to south florida in one day....and then drove around there for a bit too.

total miles that day is around 1300

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quite a number of years back...SW Florida to SE Wisconsin, 1459 miles in just under 20 hours, 1 driver nonviper. Too many darn miles for 1 day's driving that is for sure. Crazy the things we do sometimes when you have to get from here to there and do so in a hurry. lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth