Who installs 4 post lift?

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to pick up a Direct Lift Plus Model 9 for a great price. I can have it shipped to a local warehouse and I'm looking to have it installed by somebody or a company who has done these before.
Does anybody know who to contact. I live in Macomb Twp.

Sam

LIONDOG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sfm,

They are not really all that hard to install yourself. I did mine completely by myself with a borrowed engine hoist to lift the heavy parts. I do not recommend doing it alone - possible, but difficult. With a couple of buddies, it's an easy job.

When I checked around, installation prices were around $900. Ridiculous for a $2,000 lift. A google search will give you a few firms that will do it. However, if I was looking for someone to do it for me, I would just hire a couple of semi-strong guys that can read directions (or supervise them myself). It's just not that complex a job. Even with a couple of guys, you will likely need an engine hoist or something. The ramp with the hydraulic cylinder will weigh 300lbs or more.

Let me know if you want more thoughts on doing it yourself.

- LIONDOG

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sam..........what you what???????? Gary is going to want to "borrow" it for our garage LOL

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
sfm,

They are not really all that hard to install yourself. I did mine completely by myself with a borrowed engine hoist to lift the heavy parts. I do not recommend doing it alone - possible, but difficult. With a couple of buddies, it's an easy job.

When I checked around, installation prices were around $900. Ridiculous for a $2,000 lift. A google search will give you a few firms that will do it. However, if I was looking for someone to do it for me, I would just hire a couple of semi-strong guys that can read directions (or supervise them myself). It's just not that complex a job. Even with a couple of guys, you will likely need an engine hoist or something. The ramp with the hydraulic cylinder will weigh 300lbs or more.

Let me know if you want more thoughts on doing it yourself.

- LIONDOG

+1 here. I assembled mine, took it apart, moved it to a new house and re assembled. Not hard at all, save the money for mods.

stew4706

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I bought mine at SEMA last year it came with installation. The company up here that did was Dows Equipment in Romulus, they were great. I don't know if they will install something they do not sell. If they don't Aresco in Pontiac will but I have no experience with them.

Dave

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, I did call Aresco and they will install it for $500 so that may be an option.

I would do it myself but I have a bad back and don't want to beg friends to do the heavy lifting.

hemihead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bad back, you should have said something, now I feel bad for chimming in about doing it yourself. Try this guy, Tom Coffey, Autonotive Lifts and Machinery Corp. out of White Lake. 248 698 1740. No experience with him but I met him at a car show and kept his card.