Who really runs our house?

glenn hofstetter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
About 2 months ago I decided to get a new Viper. I waited for just the right moment to tell my very pretty wife of 28 years. I didn't want her sqeals of delight to wake the neighborhood so timing was of the upmost import! I spotted just the right time 2 weeks ago and so I told her I had decided to buy a new viper. She told me she had decided I shouldn't have a new Viper or, for that matter, an old one. I needed reinforcements so I asked our two adult children to talk sense to thier obviously misinformed mother. This approach didn't work either. Next I tried sulking for about a week but that got old. I'm not really very good at sulking and after awhile it gets boring. I guess woman are better at some things than guys. So Tuesday I tried my secret weapon. I told her, in no uncertain terms, that if I got a Viper she could have a new lexus or whatever. She took the offer and then insisted in a second shorter vacation. Its my money and I won't be bulled about, I am the man here! So naturally I agreed. I got my new Viper 47.8 miles ago (but whose counting) and it is so great, much better than the nice Vet I had.
I have a front break sqeal under light peddal pressure, that will go away before my wife hears it, right?
glenn
hofstetter

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know there has GOT to be advantages to being married, but nobody on this board will ever convince me of it.
You must be registered for see images

Now let's see a pic of the Viper!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Squeal will not go away. I believe we all have it, unless you change pads. I got the Porterfield R4S pads that were supposed to stop it, but they still squeal, only less. There may be others that stop it, but I have no first hand knowledge.

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

Let me help you with this marriage thing.

-My wife bought me my Viper as a gift.
-She always gives me back rubs and head rubs at nite before we go to sleep.
-She is an awesome cook even though I told her she did not have to do traditional roles.
-Most people told me that I would not get any toys after I got married. Since I got married I bought 4 GMC Syclones, 94 Z28 and built it to 700 ponies, 71 Cuda Vert, 69 Z11 Camaro vert, lift etc etc
-New house with 7 car garage etc etc
-She is my best friend and best companion.
-I could go on and on but I think you get the point.
My wife was so excited today, it was casual day at work and she wore a Viper shirt and coat that we just bought at the plant last weekend.

Glenn,

Enjoy the ride. Nice work.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
[/list]

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glenn,

Congratulations on the new car.
Regarding the brake squeal under light pressure, we see people come in with that pretty often on new Vipers. When I go ride with someone to hear the squeal, I usually find they're braking too easy.

If you want to reduce it/ eliminate it, warm the brakes up and then brake much harder than normal 3 or 4 times (don't try to overheat the brakes, just use them hard). This will fully seat the pads and heat them enough to burn out the bonding agents from manufacturing (even street brakes need to be bedded). Go back home and either blow the dust out with compressed air, or let the brakes cool fully and wash the dust out out of the caliper and wheel with a strong spray of water. Next time you drive it, the noise will be far less or gone.

Reaction score
Glenn -
Congrats on your new baby! I enjoyed the detailed explanation
.... You've got me convinced, although she may take a bit more prodding. Perhaps you need a more diplomatic approach;

Why not tell your sweetie you were going to purchase a '92 Viper but the thought of NO AC, or radio would not allow you to subject her to any discomfort.

Sean is 100% correct -- The brakes will need to be seated. Also, might I suggest applying light pressure on the brakes while applying pressure on the gas peddle for about a block or so. Try this procedure a few times.

If all else fails, tell her IT WAS ON SALE

Good Luck!
Doug

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
I know there has GOT to be advantages to being married, but nobody on this board will ever convince me of it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chuck, I'm with you man! From what Norman and others are saying, being married is ok as long as you are stupid-rich. Maybe I can marry into money...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marriage is for some ppl, and not for other ppl.....

So goes life.. I happen to enjoy being single too much..

Gerald

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glenn! Great story. I enjoyed reading it too! Congratulations.

I told my wife I wanted a Viper, and before she could say no, Bill Pemberton had one delivered to my door!!! HAAA HAAA HAAA haaa haaa haaa!

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some of you need to join my club. I am the
president of M.P.M.V.A. Membership is growing rapidly, sort of.
M.P.M.V.A. is the short word for The Male Pre-menstural Victims
Assn. He who lives with the afflicated also suffers. They may deserve this affliction but you NO LONGER have to suffer in silence. Join today! For a membership card, certificate, ear plugs, Motrin, 5 rounds of ammunition and a TEE SHIRT send $25.00 to me.

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I told my wife I wanted a Viper, the only thing she said was 'it has to have stripes'. Two weeks later I traded in our 98 M3 on a black/silver GTS.

Jim

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by prodiver:

M.P.M.V.A. is the short word for The Male Pre-menstural Victims
Assn.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Similar to the organization I belong to, S.P.E.R.M. The Society for the Preservation of Equal Rights for Men.

But I digress.

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon guys... Marriage is an institution. So long as you don't mind being institutionalized!
Just joking. I told my wife I wanted a Viper for my 40th. birthday (coming up in June).
Her reply....Great, you work hard and you deserve it. After my initial shock wore off at how easy that was, I got my car last month, 3 months before my Birthday. Gotta strike while the irons hot.
Glenn, Good luck with your new car. Take your wife out to dinner in the Viper at a fine restaurant to celebrate and enjoy! That's what it's all about. Life is NOT a dress rehearsal.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Friend:
I have taken nothing but SAG* from my wife since I bought mine. Its now for sale. Really. Sigh.

*$hit Attitude and Grief

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, that *****!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62