Who's going to Monticelo aug 24-26?

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who's going to this event, and what group are you running with? I'm looking at signing up and was told there is no HPDE groups. Just time trials and wheel to wheel :drive:

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys driving your cars or towing? What day or days are you heading up there? Thx!

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also...Don't forget about The SRT Drive Experience in Englishtown NJ August 16 thru 19th. I plan on being there August 19th..hope to see you guys there! For more info go to:http://www.drivesrt.com/SRT-track-experience

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to Monticello but will not be on the track. Definitely going to Watkins Glen in October. Jog I may be going to the SRT experience, will know for certain this coming weekend.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Monticello is one of the nicest trackfacility in the country and it’s here in our backyard. I highly recommend thateven if you are not participating in the track event that you take a cruise upand check the place out. It awesome and a really nice cruise destination.Members are paying from $25,000 to $150,000 to join this track its exclusiveand amazing.The trackis not open to the public and besides the one Ferrari Challenge race I think weare only the second race group outside the members that have been allowed .

Time Trials
USGT races
Viper ACRX Pro races
Ralph might also make an appearance

I may be able to take those that come upfor a lap around the track as well. If you are thinking of coming up PM me yournames and I can have you added to the guest list to get in.

Jog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could go with you guys to Monticello, but when I spoke to Track Rep. Matt Gottlieb, I found out that they have very strict rules prohibiting convertibles in the track....This must be a conspiracy against Verts!!..Lol... :(

LiquoRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the course a few years ago with the Lotus club. 4 sessions on the south course and
10 laps on the full course. I didnt have a bar at the time and only a toupe and wasn't questioned. With
all the big boys there it will be strict. It's a great course.

100_2727.JPG

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinking about making the drive up from DE with my friend who has a nice 5th wheel trailer. Does anyone know if camping is allowed (similar to how a few people do at NJMP in the infield) ? Should i just give the track a call?

We'd basically like to come up and hang out at the track for a few hours each day then go up to the state parks/forests and do some sightseeing/hiking/mountainbiking.

Is anyone else interested in doing this?

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dom,
With all the transporters coming in I would assumecamping at the track is fine for that weekend. They can't expect guys with $500,000+transporters to leave there rigs and go sleep in some cheap motel 20 minutesaway. Worst case do the opposite. Camp in the state park and drive down to thetrack for the day.

Remember no HPDE only time trials and race's

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I gotta get the new acr on the track!! I am planning on sat and sunday, possibly friday if work allows. There are a few hotels up there where you guys staying? Any recommedations?

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moundir- ? No PM

Hotels are tough up there no good ones near the track. I am coming home each night its only 50 min.
Try and get a brand name be careful of the flea motels up there.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They can't expect guys with $500,000+transporters to leave there rigs and go sleep in some cheap motel 20 minutesaway.

True Dat. LOL:)

---------------------------------------

The following is Monticello' response to me asking them if I could bring the 5th wheel and camp and spectate:

Hello Dominick,

Thank you for your email. Officially this event is not open to
spectators, however I believe there is a special invite out to Viper Club
members. I would contact NARRA directly about that though.

In regards to staying at the track, NARRA may be able to give you a better
answer but from the track side, we are only allowing competitors with
motorhomes or RV's to stay on site.

The closest campgrounds are:

* Oakland Valley Campground 399 Oakland Valley Road Cuddebackville, NY
12729 (845) 754-8732 www.oaklandvalleycampground.com

* Neversink River Campground 192 Campground Road Woodbourne, NY 12788
(845) 434-8926
* Swinging Bridge Campgrounds 256 Lake Shore Dr. Monticello, NY 12701
(845) 794-7339?

Thank you.
Matt

Matt Gottlieb
Business Development; Monticello Motor Club

What do you think Steve. Who should I call from the NARRA to verify what is what?

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.narraonline.com/news-pre...pporting-the-national-******-cancer-coalition

Cool auction on Saterday night at the event

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aug 24-26 | Monticello Motor Club, NY
You must be registered for see images
* Whelen US TimeTrial Championship
* US GT Championship
* SRT Viper Cup

This might be your one and only chance to race at the nation's most exclusive track. Located just 90 miles from Manhattan, it's a private resort and country club. "Built to test a professional racecar driver, but designed to be safe for the first-time club member", this track was penned by Brian Redman and Bruce Hawkins. Set on 175 wooded and manicured acres, the circuit features over 450 feet of elevation change, 1.5 miles of straights and 22 turns. Race and time-trial competition only at Monticello. Event features a Friday night gathering and Saturday night banquet including SRT's Benefit Auction for the National ****** Cancer Coalition.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Just came back from setting up at thetrack. Anyone who is stopping by make sure you say you are with the Viper Club.It amazing to see all the Viper race cars from all over the country. In frontof me is a Texas crew and next to me are 2 cars from Calf. Even if you aren’trunning take a fun ride up to see amazing cars/ racing really close to home.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some pics from this morning...
You must be registered for see images attach

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some Video...

Richie7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve and Bill, great to see you guys!
I will post some pics tomorrow
What a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!