Why all the Moved and Sub-Folders?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Seems that recently many posts are being moved to sub-folders where they get buried and not seen or read?

Maybe it's just me, but I have my bookmark set to the SRT discussions forum or the General Viper Forum. By moving a thread to a sub-folder just because it relates to a tire for example, or could be perceived as a review of a specific product - makes little sense to me:dunno:.

When I search, I also like to set up the search to the "Search This Forum" setting. Again, by moving a post to a sub-forum - it would limit the search results.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well that's been kind of specific to the tire forum lately and was a topic of "searchability" amongst us here. And it's absolutely common for all sites to do, in fact we don't do it as much as others. The 300c forum has a section just about grilles for example.
Lot's of stuff going on in the tire world, Kuhmo getting out, revelations that the PS2 is almost as good as the super sport etc. PLUS ALL the repetitive questions about wheels. We just thought it would be easier to find it all in one place with some continuity in dates, rather than searching for a bunch of threads you can read the development of a story and pick the thread you want. Plus some people are really "search challenged" and this makes it a lot easier for us as tires and wheels are the most common questions asked and we don't have to do remedial search training one to one every day.
It would seem strange to have a category and then not move stuff to it.

OP
OP
R

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Lee,

Appreciate the humor in moving my post :D.

I do think you need to reconsider your "us" in your "amongst US here statement". My definition of US - is the entire VCA membership - and your definition seems to be the board/moderators. And to your last sentence that says "It would seem strange to have a category and then not move stuff to it" is my exact point - all of the subcategories that "YOU ALL" created may not make sense to "US" members.

Does it really make sense to have 11 forums? Does it really make sense to have 8 General Viper Sub-Forums? I don't think so but that is just MY opinion - and since this post was buried in a sub-category - my opinion will not be heard nor discussed openly amongst US members - or at least those members that really only visit the main categories - like the SRT forum where I originally posted this question.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did mean the entire VCA membership, there have been many comments about making specific stuff like tires and wheels easier to find. And I gotta tell you there are people HOLLERING for MORE forums, like Gen 5 for example. Most automotive forums look just like this one except they have MORE subdivisions, I can't imagine one big *** with no subdivisions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave