Why are my front wheels turning brown???

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 RT but had my wheels replaced under warranty with I believe are 2001 wheels. The inner parts of the front wheels that face inward are turning brown, the chrome has a distinct brown tint. I only use these wheels during Viperdays events when I race, all other times I use my CCW wheels and Hoosiers. Anyone have this problem? I also have Stoptech brakes which don't get as hot as stock when racing so I don't think it's a heat thing.

OP
OP
S

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:
The clear coat has a brownish film developing on top of it from the brake pad gases I believe. Mine were slowly turning golden from use at my local closed brake bedding testing facility. I used the 3M swirl remover polish and that took it off very easy, so I would try any polish that has some small abrasives in it. That might clean them up.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Alan, I have some 3M Swirl remover and will try it. Alan and Dean nice meeting both of you at TWS. And Alan for god sakes keep it on the track especially when I'm on your bumper
supergrin.gif

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The clear coat has a brownish film developing on top of it from the brake pad gases I believe. Mine were slowly turning golden from use at my local closed brake bedding testing facility. I used the 3M swirl remover polish and that took it off very easy, so I would try any polish that has some small abrasives in it. That might clean them up.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Ron, are you giving people cases of "Viperitis" again? I still remember that case you gave me!
laugh.gif
Glad I didn't hit anything!

Heard you took 4th in class. Congrats!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave