Why does my 1994 rt/10 stall when I do a Dounut in parking lots. more inside

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When I do a circular burn out, My car stalls and the power steering seems to lock up. I try to start the car again and it doesn't turn over. I smell gas sometimes and when the car does start, it stumbles and picks back up after I step on the gas a little. I'm not sure if it has to do with the fuel or not. I usually have a full tank of gas. After it does start, it seems to run fine. This is a consistant thing. I don't do wipe outs in the parking lot much, but everytime I do..this happens. any idea's?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,

Sounds to me going in circles has made the Gerbils dizzy. Notice that when you stop it takes some time for them to recover? Have YOU ever tried to get back up after spinning around and around? You'd smell gas AND stumble also!

Good Luck my Asian Mobster friend!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ab, I would love to solve that stalling problem you have, but your going to have to take me with you and some of my diagnostic tools to determine if your loosing fuel or spark. I've done a few smoking donuts with my "94" R/T and its never stalled. If you're not too far away from me? Call and make an appointment. It would be fun!!

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dirt, pavement, grass, etc...I've done doughnuts on all three. Recently, like a few hours ago. Why did I do it?

Why not?

Mine doesn't stall. Mine's better than yours. And don't get me started on what my Dad could do to your Dad.

;-)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1) Battery

2) Battery

3) Battery

4) Fuel Pressure....which could be related to #1

5) Ground wire

6) Plug Wires shorting out under G-load. "wiggling shorts"

Reaction score
Adam -
If you were a good dad, you would strap your gerbils in like Gerald.

It may be just a loose nut behind the wheel.

Best Regards,
Doug
smile.gif

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Adam,
Remember that "fix" you had for my faulty fog lights. I bet it would work wonders on your stalling problem.
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(Ohh, embarrassing!)

As you come to the end of your donut, slip the clutch down as you come off the gas and keep a little gas / RPM on, don't allow the revs to drop straight to idle. Keep the clutch in and let the car come to a brief stand still, before letting out the clutch and moving off.

The "power steering lock up" you describe is probably due to engine stalling. Keep an eye on your PS fluid levels, and change the fluid if it has a burned whiff to it. It's not good for the pump to be kept ******* full lock for too long either.

Wear your tires with pride!
BURNOUT.gif
bounce.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456