Why no BIG BLINGING 20 - 22" wheels on the GEN V???

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT really blew it. Don't they realize that 20 to 22" wheels are the cat's meow these days? Why else would so many true Viper performance car enthusiasts UPGRADE to GHETTO wheels? At least they could have offered a 20 to 22" UPGRADE OPTION for another $15K. They would probably make a lot of money. Could add another $2K for CHROME. Another FAIL by SRT.:( Good grief even the Challenger has them!

Last edited:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your post has to be a joke. 22's? Really? Ghetto is right. It's a sports car, not a Bentley.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree! They lost a sale to me because of it. I just want to buy a car that looks **** when I pick it up at the dealership. I'm not into having to change anything on a car when I buy it. It just seems like a waste of money since all I want it for is to cruise around and look good. I don't think I would pay $15k for them though. Maybe they could offer an option for less power and more bling for people like me. That way, they could keep the cost about the same.

OP
OP
R

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your post has to be a joke. 22's? Really? Ghetto is right. It's a sports car, not a Bentley.

Austin, how about PSing at least some chrome 20s on the GEN V so the Viper performance enthusiasts can see what it will look like when they get their aftermarket wheel UPGRADES? TIA.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT really blew it. Don't they realize that 20 to 22" wheels are the cat's meow these days? Why else would so many true Viper performance car enthusiasts UPGRADE to GHETTO wheels? At least they could have offered a 20 to 22" UPGRADE OPTION for another $15K. They would probably make a lot of money. Could add another $2K for CHROME. Another FAIL by SRT.:( Good grief even the Challenger has them!

You must be registered for see images

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets see. Nascar and Indy car run on 15" and F1 runs on 13".They must be ********,idiots,morons. So would you want a low rider hydraulic suspension so you can drag the frame on the ground and make the car jump up and down too? GTS Bruce

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thankfully not eh'.... One thing is that if there's less sidewall (or too stiff like a run flat), there's less of a tire slip angle (which means more tire wear scrubbing and traction out of the ackerman circle during turning, and increased darty handling characteristics). If one looks at race cars, GT series to F1, they do not have low profile tires for a reason... there's many that chose appearance over performance, and just want to look cool rolling down the boulevard until they hit a *** hole and bend a rim..

Cheers,
Mike
PS.. here's an old simple video I made in CAD to show how the inboard and outboard tire path is not concentric when turning, the tire sidewalls with some compliance can flex and forgive some of this maintaining contact patch traction. If the tires are too rigid, one will have to slip or scrub, losing traction, and most know this..
http://www.wincom.net/mnllehti/2000_Black_RT10_Ackerman_Video.wmv

Last edited:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says the intelligent VIPER performance enthusiast with 20" rears.:smirk:

Don't get all butthurt your tacky Viper with the heavy "performance oriented" body kit sits unsold for months on end...turns out you're the only one who thinks it looks good :smirk:

OP
OP
R

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't get all butthurt your tacky Viper with the heavy "performance oriented" body kit sits unsold for months on end...turns out you're the only one who thinks it looks good :smirk:

I'll bet if I put 20s on it you'd buy it.:lmao:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Probably because most Viper owners are not 17.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You better watch out. A lot of members on this forum have some pretty ghetto wheels. Their feelings might get hurt.

And if it wasn't obvious enough, this guy is being sarcastic.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, this is a joke, I'm sure, just by the ghetto reference.

But seriously, I'd love to see different finishes, like anthracite or a darker wheel finish available. Not a big deal to go powder coat them, etc., but factory options would be nice. As for sizes, to me that's all about tire options ... I like diameters that give good perf choices on tires, the 19's are little challenging sometimes, frankly I'd prefer 18 & 18 front & rear and fender wells that made them look good, rather than 19's or certainly anything bigger & heavier. But I'm a form FOLLOWS function kind of guy.

Now, back the laughs.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eeeeeeeeeeee....don't even be like that!...... some people need their ride to be big pimpin' to roll in 'da hood....yo...peace out......... or whatever...........

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DEUCE-DEUCE fra-shizzy in da hizzy .........on a Viper.. are you kidding me...this is supposed to be America's supercar. King of the 'Ring. roadcourse dominator. not some bling poser ride. you is gots to get some betta' **'s fo dat homeboy....really...on a Viper....sheesh.........:crazy2:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yawl be rollin' sum deuce-deuce up on dat VIPA , say wut......we's gots ta git dat goad (gold) plate'n awl up in dat grill nest (next).....be big pimpin' matches ow grill up in ow FACE!..............PEACE.......:crazy2:.............couldn't stop thinking about the concept last night, almost threw-up.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...wow. Never thought I'd see a thread so filled with racism on the VCA. Good job, guys. You've really out classed yourself on this one :rolleyes:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...wow. Never thought I'd see a thread so filled with racism on the VCA. Good job, guys. You've really out classed yourself on this one :rolleyes:

Well let's see - we have ghetto, low rider, NASCAR reference, a viper monster truck, and a bang on Ryan (average white guy if you've never had the pleasure). Looks to me like a well represented politcally correct trash talkin playful bashing.

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i always thought viper enthusiasts upgrade to ccw,true forged, hre, bbs NOT dub,lorenzo,diablo, lexani ...If the chrome blinged out 22s are more your style maybe vipers aren't for you. . .Pretty sure escalades come stock with chrome 22s and a pretty snazzy chrome grill :smirk: